can anyone tell me the latin name for ...

nuggsy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to add my tuppenyworth, I am, lets say "field trained", learned the job as I went along, reading I-spy Book of Trees when I had 5minutes. I've learned a few botanical names as I've gone along the way. When I've been on site, and the plans are laid in front of me, all the tree names are botanical, not common. I've had better educated arborists look bemused as they dont know the names. How stupid would you feel in this situation. When discussing works with the TO, its nice to be on his wave-length, not below it. Its not, for me a case of snobbery to know the botanical names, but another tool in the box to do my job as well as I can.

Its not, for me a case of snobbery to know the botanical names, but another tool in the box to do my job as well as I can.

If only everyone was on your wavelength Andy :icon14:

I feel as though I am belittling the person I'm talking to, unless of course it's to the nursery lads, but even then, you might be talking to a newby and show him up.

Maybe it's just me that has developed a complex when using botanical names. :confused1:

I think it may be in the delivery Dean, I try and keep things as simple as possible, then casually drop info into the conversation. Sometimes people like to feel that you do know more on the subject than they do, it can instill confidence in your abilities. I cant pretend to be highly edumacated, cos I'm not, but I can converse with people on many different levels.