touchy subject

David Goss

ive just come across this FalunInfo.net - The Official Source on Falun Gong and the Human Rights Crisis in China i have never heard of this until now can this really be true ?

Yes, it's terrible but true. But what about the genocide of millions of "pagans" and "heretics" by the inquisitors, crusaders and conquistadores of the Catholic Church, we ignore or deny for obvious reasons ? Some figures :

- Most victims of the inquisitions were female. They were healers, midwives, herbalists, witches, shamans and naturalists, or - in my words - familiar with the psycho-active plants and mushrooms, the clergy of the Catholic church in the Middle Ages exclusively claimed to be used by themselves to reach "enlightment" through drug-induced hallucinations and visions (talking about Amy Winehouse being a junkie). There was no regard for age, as women from childhood to old age were tortured and murdered. Women who lived alone or owned property were especially targeted. It has been estimated that the Protestant and Catholic churches were responsible for putting to death as many as 50 % of all women living in Europe until 1792, and until 1830 in South America.

- By the end of the 19th century, millions of Native Americans were killed, forced to find a new home, or sent to reservations. More Native Americans were slaughtered in America than Jews were slaughtered in Hitler's extermination camps. (Source : J. Irvin (2009). Astrotheology & Shamanism. Christianity's Pagan Roots).

And how about the Norwegian fundamentalist "Christian" and former free mason stating, that in killing his own people he was inspired by the brotherhood of "Modern Templars" ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me a big portion of blame for the demise of such a talented woman belongs to the media . None of us can even comprehend the stress and strain this woman has to endure day to day . Ok she took drugs to cope . Who are we to judge her . Fame and fortune comes with its draw backs and the grass is not always greener on the other side . My thoughts are with the parents .

Love my country . The lads and lasses out fighting for our country should be brought home asap .

Cant compare the two as they are different on most levels .

I hate drugs but some people are drawn to them in desperate times . Just be thankful your not .

As for the media well thats another problem altogether and one that i cant do anything about except never buy a news paper ever again, which i have not done for many years now for exactly this type of reason.

If ever the media starts to concentrate on real life and put celeb news in a little corner on page 5 or something then i may buy a paper or 2 again but this will never happen. This will never happen because people are more interested in a drunken singer than someone that is laying his life on the line to save the lives of thousands he has never even met.

Don't blame the media!

They are in business to make a profit, just like I suppose you are.

The (commercial media) will continue to publish what thorough marketing analysis has proven will attract most readers/viewers. Simple as that. Which is the reason that you'll continue to see celebs on the front page, for as long as we consumers want to read it.

The only thing we can do, is to limit the medias' ability to violate the right of everyone to privacy, and to crack down when they break that right in their quest for front page material (ref "News of the World" and the rest of the tabloid media).

Why do people feel the need to draw comparisons between Amy Winehouse and the Norway massacre? I reckon it's primarily based on the need to be seen acting like they give 2 hoots coupled with trying to look edgy. Well done, you; you're so controversial :clap:

Facebook is horrific for contrived outpourings of false grief. People who wouldn't be able to name a single tune Amy Winehouse did are now long-time fans. People who didn't like her are suddenly inconsolable about one massacre. They think that everyone should focus all their energy on blogging about that when bad stuff like that happens around the world every day, some it even sanctioned by us, the taxpayers.

Ho-hum. Sense of perspective indeed.

... wer as the junki had a choice didnt she !!!!!!!

How much do you know about drug addiction/addicts?

Claiming that drug addicts "have a choice" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what drug addiction is all about. It reminds me of Nancy Reagan's campaign to "Just Say No".

The untimely death of Amy Winehouse is as sad as the untimely death of anyone else. Even if it was not as surprising, given the track record of musician addicts that have died at the age of 27 27 Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is an arborist forum with the added bonus of a few off topic areas for the regular members entertainment. 9 times out of 10 if there's a contentious thread running it will be in the lounge area. These are nearly always deleted, not because of your ridiculous suggestion of censorship but to keep the focus of this forum where it's meant to be...ARB!

I'm afraid we have a different opinion of what defines censorship

ill consider myself told off shall i and its my opinion

i agree its perhaps in the wrong bit of the forum but thats not my fualt

terry