TEP seminar at Kew Sept 16th

Paul Barton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah paul was good not sure about rayner though, didn't do it for me anyway

Thats a shame, I think what Alan is trying to do is monumental, and to be perfectly honest i think WE owe it to him to at least try to understand the concept.

He works very very hard to ensure his message is understood, and its not easy because different people seem to respond to different modes or expressions in its delivery.

for me the first time I heard him speak of NI (Natural inclusionality) I had an epipheny, and my relationship with this world became a very different affair.

What Alan is offering is an oportunity to think and percieve in an unlimited way, not confined by the conditions imposed on us by established frameworks.

open your minds, it is time to live unlimited.

I think would have appreciated it more if the delivery was a little different, power point with lots of writing only to be read what was on screen is not how i can hold attention. I kind of understand what he was getting at. This is why i really enjoyed pauls part as it really kept me interested although some times "off topic" i see the relation he was getting at. This is my first seminar i have attended so maybe just need to learn to try and concentrate more or get in the right mindset, just i learn slightly differently

I think would have appreciated it more if the delivery was a little different, power point with lots of writing only to be read what was on screen is not how i can hold attention. I kind of understand what he was getting at. This is why i really enjoyed pauls part as it really kept me interested although some times "off topic" i see the relation he was getting at. This is my first seminar i have attended so maybe just need to learn to try and concentrate more or get in the right mindset, just i learn slightly differently

yes we all do learn differently, that is to be expected. Alans always trying to reach as wide an audience as possible, I know for certain he understands the problem, hence his own frustration in delivery.

One thing I will say is that Alan, believe it or not gets INCREDIBLY nervous and self concious when speaking (i can relate to that!) I have a lot of respect for Alan Rayner, anyone who continually steps out of his comfort zone to deliver a topic that is either preaching to the converted or misunderstood has got serious character:thumbup1:

I enjoyed the seminar immensley

Paul blew me away- the power of mushrooms- phenomenal

Alan- well - the mad professor who will not do as he's told- the guy is very insightful or our (human) interaction with the world. But I do agree the powerpoint presentation was a struggle as I found myself reading along with him rather than listening and understanding. But I suppose that's the way it works for him. A session with someone tweeking his presenting skills could make his talk an event not to be missed. And I mean for any discipline not just us lot.

Still it was good to meet you guys there- I didn't feel so lonely and also had a chance to talk to a number of other delegates one of whom has put me on a road to 'the next level'- so cheers go especially to Hamma and Xerses( all the way from Sweden- I now know why you do it!