Filling Vented Bags

windfall

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One large 25 tonne pile of split logs sitting concrete + one very large 360 digger, or v large tractor & loader, one 'funnel' = full bags and happy elbows.

This is only the first incarnation... The legs could also be 'trimmed' so i could use a skid steer to load if necessary.

how do you actually process your logs? if its a processor and conveyor could you not just send logs straight into bags? or if with saw bench (like me) just drop logs straight in there by hand?

I have not processed these logs other wise i would not have this problem!

Jesus you lot really need to get out more. Am i really going to spend all day playing scrap heap challenge building a tower too big for the available equipment.

Ill keep my questions to myself from now on.

Apologies, but you havent been very clear so far! I still cant see why you dont put the vented bag on skidsteer forks and process straight into it, either from processor or log splitter.

Apologies, but you havent been very clear so far! I still cant see why you dont put the vented bag on skidsteer forks and process straight into it, either from processor or log splitter.

Maybe because as he has mentioned, he hasnt processed this wood. It is in a heap on concrete.

I think the IBC container is a good idea if the bags slide out nicely when full or if the container could open up, sort of like temporarily fencing the bag off and then unfolding.

Loving the thinking and the rig building though mate.

I have seen a tool in the past on ebay which use to shovel then hang the bag underneath and it all tips in. The other idea is to use round pipe under your shoot so when the bag is full you put your forks through the handles as you lift the forks pass round the pipe and take the weight of the bag. If you do a search on line you should find tonne bag loaders which should give you some ideas.

The other idea is to use round pipe under your shoot so when the bag is full you put your forks through the handles as you lift the forks pass round the pipe and take the weight of the bag. If you do a search on line you should find tonne bag loaders which should give you some ideas.

Yeah i see what your saying. cheers for the input.