Arb Aid Trauma kit

Andy Collins

I got talking at length to the chap from ArbAid about their kits. My initial thoughts were that its an awful lot of money for a box of bandages and plasters. but then going through the kit, I was starting to think that they are good value for money. In the discussion with the chap, I then wondered about the level of training needed to use most of the more advanced gear, and where to get that kind of training. We are professional tree people, but not professional paramedics, we practise our work all day every day, we may do a 1st aid refresher once in 5years. The one thing I never wish to do is be in the situation where the kit even needs opening, but for 200 odd quid its good to know life-saving kit is there if needed.

I know various suppliers on here sell them, how many carry them?

Arbaid trauma kit | F R Jones and Son

My final thought, at trade shows, would it be possible to have a paramedic (not usual basic 1st Aid instruction) do a small seminar on site, with near realistic "trauma victim" , not in a marquee but out in the field in as near realistic situation. Would this sort of thing even interest anyone?

Edited by Andy Collins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested in it.Perhaps a quick analysis of for example 50 Arb injuries that the victim was hospitalized for longer than a week,could give us an idea of what the course needs to teach us.For example,Spinal injuries,Blunt Trauma,Severe laceration,Amputation etc.

Great idea. We always do a yearly refresher no matter what the legal requirements and also when you are doing the training use the first aid kits you have in the vans as the ones you practice with. That way if/when you do have to open them it won't be such a surprise when it all looks different from the one you trained with. We've had our fair share of incidents although mostly involving people other than our staff. The big thing about the arb aid one being the Cellox stuff -reading other posts it certainly looks like a life saver in certain situations

I spoke with the guy that made the kit on facebook once and he was very convincing that i needed one, I still would very much like to get one but i wont pay that price (short arms and deep pockets) All the stuff in it however is the best of kit and anyone with that kind of cash should get one. I cant see me ever buying one but i can see me making up my own kit very similar but with cheaper alternatives (like begging my nurse cousins to get me what they can). Just hope i never need to use it ever.

n the show seminar front, it would quite possible to have a "victim" with prosthetic injuries, imitating the level of gore we could expect from a chainsaw injury. I feel at the moment all we get at shows is a static stand with a chap answering a few questions, with a dummy lower leg laying out in front of him, hardly promotion of anything at all.

My final thought, at trade shows, would it be possible to have a paramedic (not usual basic 1st Aid instruction) do a small seminar on site, with near realistic "trauma victim" , not in a marquee but out in the field in as near realistic situation. Would this sort of thing even interest anyone?

Good idea, I was watching the aerial rescue at the Arb show and as good as it was I couldn't help but feel that a more realistic demonstration could be performed with running saws, chippers, a little screaming and a couple of buckets of blood thrown around to provide a little Shock value as Shock is something that we can all suffer and it's suprising how debilitating it can be.

Edited by High Scale
added comma.