Not strictly tree related but countryside related

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for the South Downs Joint Committee (now defunct as National Park authority taken over) a couple of years back and did a lot of ROW work using only strimmers. I can't believe how many people pick their dog crap up in those little black bags and then hide them in the vegetation. The bloody things explode when hit by strimmer line. Moral? Don't strim without full face perspex visor. Dog crap goes straight through mesh visors......I know!!!

I worked for the South Downs Joint Committee (now defunct as National Park authority taken over) a couple of years back and did a lot of ROW work using only strimmers. I can't believe how many people pick their dog crap up in those little black bags and then hide them in the vegetation. The bloody things explode when hit by strimmer line. Moral? Don't strim without full face perspex visor. Dog crap goes straight through mesh visors......I know!!!

During the week we were clearing a scrubby area of brambles and small trees. I picked out 167 bags of poo from the brambles got a picture and sent it to the dog warden. He caught a member of the public today winging a black poo bag into the cleared area. We are hopefully going back tomorrow to flail the area so no doubt i shall see more bags being flung in all directions.

I was based at the Seven Sisters Country Park which is basically used as a dogs toilet for the locals. sad git that I am I started counting the number of bags I collected over the season (even though dog bins wer provided). I gave up when I reached four figures! Our volunteer rangers worked their danglers off as I'm sure they do everywhere. Good on you Matt, your pics and stories remind me what I'm missing.

I was based at the Seven Sisters Country Park which is basically used as a dogs toilet for the locals. sad git that I am I started counting the number of bags I collected over the season (even though dog bins wer provided). I gave up when I reached four figures! Our volunteer rangers worked their danglers off as I'm sure they do everywhere. Good on you Matt, your pics and stories remind me what I'm missing.

I'm a volunteer ranger and have been for 5 years.:thumbup: People think i am mad.

I'm a volunteer ranger and have been for 5 years.:thumbup: People think i am mad.

Its great that you volunteer, i hold my hat off to you, especially as you have done it for 5 years:001_cool:

But do you have a full time job or get paid for another job? How do you pay for stuff, like food and bills?

Its great that you volunteer, i hold my hat off to you, especially as you have done it for 5 years:001_cool:

But do you have a full time job or get paid for another job? How do you pay for stuff, like food and bills?

I have a part time job as a beat keeper on a couple of small farm shoots. My parents buy me food but i pay for my own bills.