Not strictly tree related but countryside related

Matthew Arnold

And todays job.....:thumbdown:. Had an answerphone message from the local police that they had shifted some druggie campers from one of our sites. Sadly they have only moved to another site o nthe other side of the river. I've been a volunteer with the ranger service for 5 years and i have never seen a drug problem this bad ever. In the last month we have filled 8 small sharps boxes:afraid:. The police are building a portfolio of drug related problems so they can get an exclusion order for the druggies. The next smiley is what i would like to do to them.:bluboomteamenforcer

HI matt good on you for cleaning it up i have no much time for druggles like this if kids pick up there sharps it not good jon

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were working on a site once when a workmate got a needle in his thumb, I have never seen a guy go so white with fear and i have done some scary things in my time. We went straight to the hospital and got it all checked out and my workmate was ok but just the thought of what he could have contracted from it was scary enough. Horrible situation and i will always remember his face anytime i work near possible junkie sites, i prod around the tree with a stick all the time now just in case.

It is sickening what people do. I have no problem with them when they are in peoples/council house shooting up but when they are on heavily used public sites where children and dogs are present it gets my hackles up something cronic. I've had dealings with the current offender over the last couple of years and not too long ago we had to get the police and RSPCA involved as his dog (American Pitbull) was set upon me by him as i was strimming around his camping area. It will be the first and last time i shall ever use a strimmer in self defense against a dog. Glad i was using nylon that day rather than a triblade.

On our rounds today found 2 lots of flytip. One of the heaps has been there for a few weeks. The other heap had been scattered across the site. Also whilst checking our Dormouse boxes for activity i found one of them was being used. It is the same on as last year and it is built in the classic dormouse fashion. The last pic is of dog poo that was within 15 metres of a poo bin. We going around our sites and spray any dog poo white with marker paint which lasts 2 months. The main reason is to bring to member of the publics attention to the dog poo problem we have on our sites.

001.jpg.ea29a70c270418db3dfadd2e6140af90.jpg

014.jpg.ed01741fa4a471c5f29118935c3d6f3a.jpg

013.jpg.071e217f7981ab6af851156951d194cd.jpg

010.jpg.e8342753b3d5d4631a8564530c2bcab2.jpg

009.jpg.e461b1fbf271ccc89b191ac075e804f4.jpg

008.jpg.b4a7a22a3c944c07c597a8e642b8679f.jpg

007.jpg.a7b8daa44986a3ba32b46ac706723ed4.jpg

006.jpg.e60e519d54415bc56d7764c3f64a0eb7.jpg

005.jpg.450e1aadf1ae43ba2d8b62b7a3fcc848.jpg

004.jpg.664e094e6831849fee129032d9664af4.jpg

003.jpg.8ee63bc4e4cad86dbf0a4494c387aa40.jpg