combines

eggsarascal

no one uses prop corn anymore as it rots the kit to quickly!

oh and its just an excuse for bad farming practise, father in law keeps wanting me to put an applicator on the baler for spraying balers choice proprionic on so we can get on the hay a bit sooner :sneaky2:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken to Dave cardy (you may know him) he is out there at the moment getting in turnip seed.

Ah i see, i no absolutely nothing about turnip seed harvest, didnt doubt you for a mintue matey!!!!! High value crop that just needs to becut before it goes down i suppose

no one uses prop corn anymore as it rots the kit to quickly!

oh and its just an excuse for bad farming practise, father in law keeps wanting me to put an applicator on the baler for spraying balers choice proprionic on so we can get on the hay a bit sooner :sneaky2:

makes sense now, i did wonder why i'd never really heard of it.

makes sense now, i did wonder why i'd never really heard of it.

i've been thinking about a balers choice applicator for while now and beginning to wish i'd fitted one this season with 20 acres hay on ground rotting nicely.. there woulda been 2000 small bales at £5 bale and we coulda baled it night before the rain came with balers choice... woulda been lookin at 10 grands worth of hay in barn now instead of a field of black hay thats good for cattle feed at best now... we're havin a new baler for next season and theres def gonna be one fitted to it on delivery... others that use it swear by it...

i've been thinking about a balers choice applicator for while now and beginning to wish i'd fitted one this season with 20 acres hay on ground rotting nicely.. there woulda been 2000 small bales at £5 bale and we coulda baled it night before the rain came with balers choice... woulda been lookin at 10 grands worth of hay in barn now instead of a field of black hay thats good for cattle feed at best now... we're havin a new baler for next season and theres def gonna be one fitted to it on delivery... others that use it swear by it...

better yields down your way if you're getting 100 conventionals to the acre this year! I've not found a piece that's going above 70 this year yet, and that's with 3cwt/acre straight N.

Must admit i've been tempted by the baler's choice folks, not convinced though, need to see a demo and finished product really, and at the moment i just can't be arsed. Story of my life:lol:

I baled my hay and the heavens opened just as the baler pulled out of the field. they have sat in the field stacked loosely in 8s now for 10 days, might get them in tomorrow if not combining. hay was not really dry when i baled also :( oh well, only make a 1000 for the girlfriends horses, she can have it cheap or get £7.00 a bale from down the road!!

we been getting 150 to acre off some land.. did 6150 off 40 acres last week.. mind you the 100 acres we rent on that farm was a dairy farm for over 30 yrs till they packed it in few years ago and its been slurried twice a year all those yrs... we had 3 good cuts off it last yr.. our other land is all doing 100 bales to acre.. all that rain we had end may made big difference, before that it was lookin grim.. we've done 15000 bales so far and not half way through yet and the grass we cut early at end may is ready for 2nd cut.. we're hopin for 50-60000 bales this year.... and we dont touch a single bale by hand since we invested in one a those bale barons...they gotta be one of the best inventions in farming since the baler... unbelievable piece of kit.... we have lot regular customers and try and keep price to £5 bale delivered 6 through winter... although i was offered £4 straight off the fielf for 10000 bales last week.. makes you wonder if all these horsey customers will be as loyal in future as we are..

we been getting 150 to acre off some land.. did 6150 off 40 acres last week.. mind you the 100 acres we rent on that farm was a dairy farm for over 30 yrs till they packed it in few years ago and its been slurried twice a year all those yrs... we had 3 good cuts off it last yr.. our other land is all doing 100 bales to acre.. all that rain we had end may made big difference, before that it was lookin grim.. we've done 15000 bales so far and not half way through yet and the grass we cut early at end may is ready for 2nd cut.. we're hopin for 50-60000 bales this year.... and we dont touch a single bale by hand since we invested in one a those bale barons...they gotta be one of the best inventions in farming since the baler... unbelievable piece of kit.... we have lot regular customers and try and keep price to £5 bale delivered 6 through winter... although i was offered £4 straight off the fielf for 10000 bales last week.. makes you wonder if all these horsey customers will be as loyal in future as we are..

thats really interesting stuff nick,only my 3rd yr of making hay but each year i could sell my little bales 100s of times over. alot of contractors around here have moved onto small heston size hay bales, which may be ok for yards with a loader etc but i think there is still a huge market for good small bale hay. I could of sold 2000 small bales to Isle of White last year at £8 a bale, shame I didnt have a shed full!