combines

eggsarascal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, do you mean winter wheat and spring barley?

Otherwise, I think you may have wheat and barley mixed up if they were both winter sown

The winter wheat is ready for harvest but the spring barley has another few weeks or so. I'm not sure why the beans are so early its only in a few spots but the majority of it is still very green.

The winter wheat is ready for harvest but the spring barley has another few weeks or so. I'm not sure why the beans are so early its only in a few spots but the majority of it is still very green.

Thats clarified it a little Matt, the order of harvest around here usually goes winter barley, winter wheat, then spring barley, spring wheat. The beans do sound well on though, years back it was almost a winter job combining them, and a regularly done in sept/october!

The season does seem a little out of sync this year but following the floods of(I think it was 2000) we were baling barley straw in february so anything can happen yet!

i havent seen any winter barley harvested round here yet.. ours is still very green.. old mans spraying it off as we speak to get rid of the green..

Just got in from cutting barley, got bought 10ha to do tomoro then 2 weeks before rape is fit, i sprayed the barley of 2 weeks ago, so is lovely and fit

my cousins got 450 acres to cut and there starting tomorrow.. we got 280 acres of our own and 100 to do for someone else but it was planted about a month after most drilled theres.. we only grow it for the small bale straw and was gonna put wheat in till we had order for 11000 small bales straight off field.. so we changed from wheat to barley.. think that did the yielda favour, all that rain we had end may brought it on a treat wheras others that drilled early didnt benefit.. all we're prayin for is some good weathere so we can get straw baled dry and bright... if its dull they wont takeit..