Thinking about getting a landrover tipper - need advice.

Czlowiek Drzewo

I use a 3.5 tmitsubishi canter and have done so for the last year , great little truck. i also had a ford connect for doing quotes etc.

I had to sell the connect as it was to expensive to run both and now my only transport is the canter..which is costing my a fortune every month on fuel as i use it for work, quotes, running family around in etc , etc.

I am thinking of getting a landrover but don't know how expensive they are to run? my truck just now is a 3.0L and i use a full tank -£80 about every 200-250miles. it is expensive to insure and servicing costs a lot as i use truck depot . it is reliable, looks good, and holds a lot of chips.

How much chips does a a 110 tipper with body hold? are the expensive to insure? how much Mpg? i have 15k budget.

Whats the pros and cons of landrover tipper?

Many thanks.

i run a 30l iveco we also have a astre van and kangoo 4x4 ,for running about good mpg and cheap all round on parts etc ,if you [need a 4x4 ] whitch does complemnt a tree busines then fair enough ,but there all pants on fuel and cost £££ on tyers and running compared to small vans ,i used to run a landy tipper and it was shocking to drive compared to my hilux i have now . most landys are 3050 kg gvc wich is almost half a ton off your canter ,and not a class 7 mot . a landy is no thing to be running round pricing work in imo ,

heavy on fuel , uncomfortable and cramped at the best of times (if you over 5"8) . parts are cheap but drivng round in it socialy and for quoting work aint cheap . my advice would be to stick to the Canter and get a small car/ commercial - something like a peugot 306 commercial ?

I did have a ford connect to run around ion and it was good for taking tools to jobs..but it meant more insurance, road tax etc, I am trying to cut my expensies down and profit up and this month alone i have spent £700 on fuel for canter. sounds ok amount...but i am only using it 4 days a week for quotes and work.

I thought that maybe a landrover would be cheaper on fuel. ?

I can see what you mean BUT Road tax and insurance are 100% tax deductable , i would have thought that it would be cheaper to run arround in a small car (with more than two seats) .

A landrover is a great piece of kit of you need 4x4 and spend a fair bit of time off road but 110 tipper does not carry as much chip (volume) as a canter . personally if you dont really need one then i would not bother with one