What will charge this winter for hardwood logs per mt

mendiplogs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What surprises me is that there is a lot of £120 + per cube talk on here, and my mate got slated for trying to sell quality seasoned beech for £50/tonne roadside. I appreciate that the posts slating his add may be from others, but cmon...What da ya think?

What surprises me is that there is a lot of £120 + per cube talk on here, and my mate got slated for trying to sell quality seasoned beech for £50/tonne roadside. I appreciate that the posts slating his add may be from others, but cmon...What da ya think?

I dont think anyone slated him just asked for more info on how it was measured. If someone payed £50 + vat then transport and could not claim the vat back. They could be paying £80 to get 1.6 cu metres of firewood after you have taken cost of processing and delivery it does not leave much if you charge the average of about £80 a loose metre.

Its good when they fish for prices. They sound nervous and know to much and use right lingo and withhold the no. Just over inflate your price will have them pondering for weeks.

your right there steve, i was talking to my friend who does firewood 7 miles away, we're not really on the same patch but he reckons he dont go out his yard now for less than 130 a pick up, i have now been wanting to put my price up since he said that

i sell 1.3 cubic metres for £80... most people in my area are £70 a bag or loose metre.. i should be chargin 100 a load and prob could get it a lot of the time... but i want every load that calls and that little bit extra does seem to win the customer.. i was gettin 3 loads at time on my transit last winter and havin bought another truck i'm currently havin cages and partitions made to carry 4 loads.... i very very rarely go out yard without 3 loads on truck and i think that gives me the "edge" on others who charge 80 a metre but only take one or perhaps 2 loads at time...

i sell 1.3 cubic metres for £80... most people in my area are £70 a bag or loose metre.. i should be chargin 100 a load and prob could get it a lot of the time... but i want every load that calls and that little bit extra does seem to win the customer.. i was gettin 3 loads at time on my transit last winter and havin bought another truck i'm currently havin cages and partitions made to carry 4 loads.... i very very rarely go out yard without 3 loads on truck and i think that gives me the "edge" on others who charge 80 a metre but only take one or perhaps 2 loads at time...

HI nick what truck have you got mate so whats the weight of 5.2 c.m of hard wood mate jon :thumbup: