Teufelberger... grounded in reality???

Dilz

not sure what the issue is with retieving a pulley saver but if it helps - with my Art pully saver i use the Art doube snapper for retrieving my pully saver .

Stops the pinto getting smashed on the ground..Yeah have used a double snapper but didnt get on with it,Throwline easy as :thumbup1:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that annoying yank accent happens to be a very well respected arbtalker and a friend of mine to mr taylor hamel, don't see why this is an issue anyway:thumbdown:

retrieving the pulley saver with a throw line is good practice but also personnel preference to if you want to waste money dropping expensive gear on what ever ground your on... or put your life at risk with hairline fractures :blushing:

sorry for being blunt

:blushing: i appolgise for what i know is rather childish remark about the accent and by no means do i say that he doen't know what he is talking about and was meant i'm sorry if anyone has taken personal offence to this, it was not my intention and from now on will try to take a more considerate approach to my posting

i dont argue that the technique is better than dropping it on the ground, i guess i should have a go at trying to work around a tree with my throwline hanging in it, and see how it works for the groundies dragging beneath it before i should pass judgemnt on if it is or not a good technique, i guess the mental image i have of it getting snagged in all the branches when the goundies are dragging out and marred what actually comes across as a well thought out piece of kit, and one that i will probably be buying or an art when i treat my self to a spider jack for christmass.

sorry if i rubbed any one up the wrong way on this matter

I kind of want to thank you for starting this thread i have always assumed them being a bit of an expensive cambium saver but having followed this thread and points of view and watching the video i think its a pretty good idea (still expensive mind). Might be a treat at some point

I dont like them personally, i have seen them used and also seen the plastic bits broken and for the price i would just laugh and say no way. a simple cambium saver does just the same job and if you want it to come down controlled then all you do is attach your throwline to the spliced eye and pull your rope through as normal holding on to the throwline to control the decent (you do need twice the length of throwline for this) simples no? why complicate things i say.

how does that work? surley the throw line must run over a branch or something so you can control the descent? or do you drop the throw line back down to you before pulling out the cambium saver?..... these things do ring a bit of gimmiky expense but then I can see their uses especialy as retrievable false crotches, I use to think the hitch climber was nothing but an expensive pulley wheel that looked a bit fancy......now i have two.....

when the eye gets blocked on the small ring your throwline is still through the big ring, when you pull your rope down with the cambium saver the big ring goes up over the branch taking the throwline with it (doubled over). Its hard to explain without pictures so its probably best if you just try it and see.