Ways of dealing with neighbours...

Lumberjack Pad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am aware... up here, legally you can make as much noise as you like until 7am-10pm monday to saturday but not on a sunday which is 8am-5pm...

If it is not a regular occurance, I would have a word with the neighbour (over a beer) and tell him your youngun struggled to get off the other night and ''what a bloody racket' thatthing makes.. hope you'll keep it down in the evenings, my misses was running up the walls etc..

I'd try to get him on my side before trying to attack him..

However, if this is a regular occurance.. phone your local council planning department and also your local environmental health department who will tell him to keep it shtum!

had the neighbours being loud in their garden tonight, effing and shouting (been drinking) so went and started the work tug up, did a few shunts so the fumes were close to the fence with the engine drowning out their noise and proceeded to unload a few chogs from the truck onto the trailer making sure they were hitting the tailgate and sides bang crash rattle rattle, two can play that game hahahaha. when i had finished 5mins later they had disappeared and all was quiet.:thumbup: edit, i could have done it all silently without even starting the truck

Edited by armchairarborist

had the neighbours being loud in their garden tonight, effing and shouting (been drinking) so went and started the work tug up, did a few shunts so the fumes were close to the fence with the engine drowning out their noise and proceeded to unload a few chogs from the truck onto the trailer making sure they were hitting the tailgate and sides bang crash rattle rattle, two can play that game hahahaha. when i had finished 5mins later they had disappeared and all was quiet.:thumbup: edit, i could have done it all silently without even starting the truck

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is Yorkshire. :lol:

They'll have gone in to phone up and report you to the authorities. :001_tt2:

They'll have gone in to phone up and report you to the authorities. :001_tt2:

the authorities i can live with, neighbours who have to scream every word to each other, mostly very bad language 10ft from my back door get no respect from me and deserve to cough on my nasty fumes, i could have started the dumper as it smokes for england but it would have meant some extra shunting.

i don't get mad but i do enjoy getting even:laugh1:

the authorities i can live with, neighbours who have to scream every word to each other, mostly very bad language 10ft from my back door get no respect from me and deserve to cough on my nasty fumes, i could have started the dumper as it smokes for england but it would have meant some extra shunting.

i don't get mad but i do enjoy getting even:laugh1:

Getting even is no fun. Getting them back in such a way as to send a clear message that 'you really don't want to get into a p1ss1ng contest with me' is where it's at, baby! :thumbup:

Wailing cats get my blood boiling, thankfully dont seem to get them up herebut used to drive me mad - must have lost half a dozen shoes/slippers/mugs chucking things out the window at them when I used to live in Huddersfield.

Also reminds me of the time as a student when some cretin decided to start turning up on our road at about 2am to see his druggy friends across the way from us and stick his cars music up as far as it would go whilst shouting across the way to his mates from his car. I managed to put up with it for two nights before I totally lost my rag. We didn't live in the best of student accomodation and we used to have an old sledge hammer at the bottom of the stairs which as used as a door stop and 'just in case' burglar deterrant.

Much to my girlfriend's dismay and protest I deceided enough was enough. I put my slippers and dressing gown on and stomped down the stairs, threw the sledge hammer over my shoulder, walked up to the car and bent down to speak to the driver. I told him what I thought of his new routine of keeping me awake and gave him two options. He could turn his music off, turn his car around and drive away with an acceptance that he would not do the same again. Or, I could stop him from doing it again by swinging the sledge hammer through his windscreen and continue the swing so that it continued into his ugly face, at which point I would turn the music down for him.

He chose the first option and I never heard him again. Oh the life of a student, them were the days.