Ways of dealing with neighbours...

Lumberjack Pad

And what about all the nights that the neighbour has no doubt been kept awake by an upset and screaming two year old?

You can either get pointlessly wound up about these things or just relax about it a bit more and have much less stress in you life.

thats a bit presumptuous that paddy kiddie is making loads of noise, i am a bit supprised at the responses on here, glad i dont live next to you guys.:001_tt2::001_smile:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be thinking thats a ''bit'' naughty, but thats only as a parent, but if it wasnt a regular thing id let it go, did it keep the child awake or did she nod off, my gf has pulled up at a job before with the chipper blaring and it didnt even stir the nipper.

Often children react to our grievances in situations, and will play on it, If you were bounding round the house, likelihood being you were making more noise.lol.

But to be fair, nice sunny day, cracking on with making his garden nice for himself and family, probably in work today was trying to break the back of it.

I wouldnt get to het up about it, treat people as you expect to be treated yourself, and dont lower yourself to their slightly inconsiderate nature.#

Have a magners

... glad i dont live next to you guys.:001_tt2::001_smile:

I'm hurt :crying:

:lol:

I think the general attitude is that if it's only an occasional thing, then it's not worth getting upset over. We all live in an over populated world and there are not many of us who are lucky enough to live completely detached from our neighbours. We all need to compromise a little bit once in a while in order to get along.

What is the nieghbours circumstances??

maybe he is building the patio to host a fundraiser for children in need.

maybe he can't afford to pay someone else to do it and works 16 hr shifts mon- fri!

Paddy did you offer to help him to get it done quicker, show him you are worth being considerate to.

Do you have a deal in place that you agreed on when you knew the kiddy was coming?

Do you expect your nieghbour to run things by you?

What is the nieghbours circumstances??

maybe he is building the patio to host a fundraiser for children in need.

maybe he can't afford to pay someone else to do it and works 16 hr shifts mon- fri!

Paddy did you offer to help him to get it done quicker, show him you are worth being considerate to.

Do you have a deal in place that you agreed on when you knew the kiddy was coming?

Do you expect your nieghbour to run things by you?

I really wish i had your outlook on life stevie, you seem so chilld, i really wish i could be like that mate, im stressed as f@&% most of the time, how do you do it? im not taking the mick this is a genuine response, please tell me your secret.:thumbup:

To be honest my little un does not generally make thay much noise anyway (I'm sure you'll say thats just because i'm his dad etc..).

The stone saw is not a reoccuring thing, and I'm not sure about the db's it kicks out but I'm not sure you wouldn't like it 10 yards away from your house!!

Should have made it a bit clearer that the saw all in all had been on and off for a couple of hours before (no real problem with that other than general annoyance!) but on a sun night at nearly 8.00??? Also they are generally noisy neighbours... most of the time!

Anyway, only started this off to vent off a bit of steam - not to open a can of worms!!

I'm hurt :crying:

:lol:

I think the general attitude is that if it's only an occasional thing, then it's not worth getting upset over. We all live in an over populated world and there are not many of us who are lucky enough to live completely detached from our neighbours. We all need to compromise a little bit once in a while in order to get along.

sorry:blushing: i suppose it depends how you get along with your next door neighbours, when mine was doing a patio and was working late he did come and asked if it bothered me which it didnt, i get along with the guy and even helped him out, maybe paddy has had a run in before? who knows, paddy didnt really give us much to go on, all im saying is i can see his point.:thumbup:

Like has been said- chill out. Your child would have soon gone to sleep.

The best thing you could have done was let your 2 year old go to sleep getting used to the noise. My son slept through everything and still does at the age of ten, even a smoke detector going off outside his bedroom door. If you creep around your house and make sure everything is mega silent the moment your child goes to bed at night for fear of he/ she waking up or not going to sleep, then noise will always be a problem and the child will rule YOUR life in tghe evening when it should be asleep. Get it used to noise from day one. I had my 30th birthday party with a 3k sound system under his bedroom window and he slept through it.