The reason I'm up early,(intruders)

geoff

I'll stick with the dogs as weaponry. If they're either brave enough or stupid enough to take on my two French Mastiffs then go ahead. Once they are past them they'll have to deal with me and I'm never too impressed with being disturbed from my hard earned slumber. Not sure about the rules in the UK but there's been a couple of test cases here recently where burglers and armed robbers in particular have been injured by the property owner during the attempted theft. One was a couple of guys who tried to rob a gun shop and one of them was shot in the stomach by the owner during the attempt. police thought about pressing charges against the property owner but the judge threw out the charges before it got to court. I don't condone shooting people etc but I do believe in the right to defend your own.

We have a stupid law over here in the UK that says you can use "reasonable force" to stop people breaking in to your/stealing your property but all to often if someone uses force to stop the thieving scum it's the property owner that ends up in court.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely stupid I know. As I said before; you should be able to defend your own. Not sure as I'd go as far as the Seps and say that you can have guns etc as there are far to many trigger happy people who would be taking pot shots at all and sundry but for sure, if someone is doing over your house a swift crack between the legs with an axe handle or something should be fine and dandy. I hear people say that you shouldn't try and interact with offenders as you could make the situation worse but it seems the level of violence is increasing these days anyway so in my view, what have you got to lose? Chances are you're going to get a beating either way.

Its not complex really,when it happens you get little chance to set plans in motion,it was no big problem other than the fact that you have been noticed as a potential target,which is the big pain in the arse, time will tell...

It's the anticlimax of not getting contact that I found most poignant initialy,all the same,i'm here & they arn't.:001_tt2::001_smile:

Best off being a 'cameleon'! :sneaky2: