clear felling valley, what to charge?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps “500” is a typo and its really 50 acres :001_huh:

Still easy enough to get lost in 50 acres!

At what point do we raise the alarm?

Jack may be marking all the trees up ready for felling to commence?

Paint supplied in IBC's!!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys, i share my computer with a journalist so havent been able to get on here much since starting the thread. thatnks for all of the advice, will take it all into account (even the advice saying dont put yourself through the stress of a job this big on your first go). All of the ground is too steep for a harvester but i can winch i have all the equipment i will need inc. winches, tractors, trailors, chainsaws, a jcb 360 and a telehandler. i am still waiting on the client to return from a holiday to find out the density but from memory it seems like a well managed woodland and certainly isnt sparsely covered

regards Jack

sorry guys, i share my computer with a journalist so havent been able to get on here much since starting the thread. thatnks for all of the advice, will take it all into account (even the advice saying dont put yourself through the stress of a job this big on your first go). All of the ground is too steep for a harvester but i can winch i have all the equipment i will need inc. winches, tractors, trailors, chainsaws, a jcb 360 and a telehandler. i am still waiting on the client to return from a holiday to find out the density but from memory it seems like a well managed woodland and certainly isnt sparsely covered

regards Jack

if your winching whole tree then youll still need either a processor or harvestor to sned out and cut to length at rideside loading with a telehandler isnt the best, i was concerned that your going into a major job it seems from your initial post with just groundie work experience? i hope we're wrong? all the best with the job if ive got it wrong

joy