New Chainsaws

David oakman

I use 600ml to a 20L jerry can and have never had any probs with the saws, only time I did was when subbing for some1 who used a 50:1 mix.

50:1 will be fine but I think only if the saws are kept nice and clean(good air flow) tuned spot on and you let them warm up cool down etc etc.

When they get hammered a little bit of extra oil helps I think.

I bet that Husky,Stihl etc only do there field testing in a nice clean environment(on a bench) with no crud stuck to the cooling fins. I very much doubt they pass there saws to a few tree lads and let them loose with em for a few days.

Probably goes without saying for nearly all manufactures of chippers, saws, stumpys etc.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a new 065 in the book it says 50-1 now £700.00 is a lot of money to waste should i put in 25-1 and play safe?

thats excessive david,50-1 is fine,just stick to the same system,same oil,same practise of mixing,dont forget with a new saw you have a warranty.if in any doubt just mix 4.5 litres instead of 5litres.couple of years ago i went to work with flu and forgot to mix any oil in a 3 month old husky 357,did three tank fills before it started acting up,put it in van,did same to another before i realised my stupidity,refilled both with mixed fuel and ran them gently for 5 mins,good as new,guess i got lucky,moral of my long winded story being recommended mix is exactly that imo