Is there a North/South divide when it comes to learning opportunities and "Arb" shows

RobArb

Does anyone know 'HOLMFIRTH' well, thinking between Manchester & Leeds, and more particularly a tree friendly landowner who may be willing to accomodate us?

Cheers all..

Paul

PS Regarding the HOLMFIRTH issue please 'pm' me in case I can't find my way back ere..ta!

Have you tried Arbtalk's very own BOB?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manchester area would be an ideal place for an ARB show, we have some awesome parks and woodlands up here but they tend to go unnoticed

in regards to the northern branch and ken linford on the AA website it says Tim Beckley is the chairman not ken Linford. I've come across Ken before but not for a long time

Hi Rob,

You're quite right Tim Beckley is Northern Branch chairman but I tend to think of him being NE owing to his base at Hull (along wiht Jo (Ryan) In York of course) and Ken, usually supported by Paul, is active in NW and particularly Lancashire (my 'home' county...awww!)

I'm sure that Ken would be only too happy to get involved in any events you may propose, and of course with your input as well, as he is an active member of the Association's Media & Communications Committee.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks for that Paul, already spoke to Jo and need to get in touch with Ken but which Paul do you mean?

so where abouts are you originally from Paul?

wigan pie-eater born and bred but now living further west in burscough me!

And hopefully i'll be at the BS conference in Wrexham, just need to book the day off work:thumbup:

Thanks for that Paul, already spoke to Jo and need to get in touch with Ken but which Paul do you mean?

so where abouts are you originally from Paul?

wigan pie-eater born and bred but now living further west in burscough me!

And hopefully i'll be at the BS conference in Wrexham, just need to book the day off work:thumbup:

Hi Rob,

Paul Bullimore, formerly of the Lancashire Woodland Project but now part of Lancs. County Council..I think. Along with Ken, Paul has always been very supportive of the AA and events we run/organised up there.

I'm a "Chorley FM" boy originally, leaving in 1990 after working at Myerscough / Winmarleigh for two years. My 'nearest n dearest' is a Wigan lass n the spade is definately not an implement with whihc to move soil...gud'on'er!

We may have met before but please do collar me at Wrexham an intro yerself.

Cheers..

Paul