10 days until Melbourne

Ewan Murray

Well i have taken a plunge and in ten days time im flying out to Melbourne for a year :thumbup1: Just wondering as i know a few guys on here are or have been in melbourne just looking for some insider tips on what i should or shouldn't take with me and what is good to see in the city.

Cheers Ewan :thumbup:

Spent 9 months in Melbourne working for a few companies but mainly one called Treescape, look them up if you're after work, really good company.

Amazing city to live in, much better than Sydney (In my opinion), lots of events all year, especially in Summer. I mainly lived in a backpackers in St Kilda called Coffee Palace which was an amazing place to stay, great people, great nights out everything you could want. St Kilda is where you want to go on a night out as it's a lot cheaper than city centre, suggest visiting the city only on special occasions or when you can afford.

Most of all enjoy yourself and try do a bit of travelling while you're in that amazing country.

Spent 9 months in Melbourne working for a few companies but mainly one called Treescape, look them up if you're after work, really good company.

Amazing city to live in, much better than Sydney (In my opinion), lots of events all year, especially in Summer. I mainly lived in a backpackers in St Kilda called Coffee Palace which was an amazing place to stay, great people, great nights out everything you could want. St Kilda is where you want to go on a night out as it's a lot cheaper than city centre, suggest visiting the city only on special occasions or when you can afford.

Most of all enjoy yourself and try do a bit of travelling while you're in that amazing country.

I stayed in that same hostel for 2 months when I was out there,I remember drunkenly trying to surf a mattress down the stairs into reception on more than 1 occasion.

Melbourne is a good laugh, some few nice places to visit. And if your into motorsport they hold the f1 on the Albert park street circuit and Phillip island circuit isn't too much of a drive out the city if you want to catch some excellent bike racing.

You'll have a cracking time fella, I spent just over a year in Oz and loved it. Spent most of it working as a cycle messenger in Sydney, also had 2 or 3 weeks in Melbourne. For the best free view of the city go to the Sofitel Hotel on collins st. and go to the toilets on the 35th floor! Also check out the numerous street sculptures, the lost purse was my favourite. Oh and take in the Dandenong ranges, excellent native bush:w00t:

You'll have a cracking time fella, I spent just over a year in Oz and loved it. Spent most of it working as a cycle messenger in Sydney, also had 2 or 3 weeks in Melbourne. For the best free view of the city go to the Sofitel Hotel on collins st. and go to the toilets on the 35th floor! Also check out the numerous street sculptures, the lost purse was my favourite. Oh and take in the Dandenong ranges, excellent native bush:w00t:

Haha good advice on the 35th floor toilet.Dont get that in guide books