Can anyone reccomend me a course to go on?

Hi- basically I'm wanting to get as many theory qualifications under my belt before I go into work.

I want to go on another course before I start my degree at askham bryan in September.

My long term aim is to go down the tree inspector/ consultancy route.

At present I have:

A diploma in forestery and arb

Cs 30,31,38 (39 soon)

Cscs card soon

Basic tree inspection

Professional tree inspection

Can anybody reccomend me a course/ exam I can do, to gain more knowledge and another thing to put on my cv?

I am prepared to travel nationwide so venue recommendations are also appreciated!

Cheers ciaran glyde

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you actually do any physical arb work? or is it all theory?

just a question so i can understand more

Yeah, I'm currently working for a tree surgery company in Dorset in my holidays when I'm not at college, I love it, but recently I've found the theory side so interesting it's converted me!

Cheers ciaran glyde

Yes, I completely understand, well ive been working as a tree surgeon in my holidays from collage since janruary last year, and I reckon I still will work for them when doing my degree, so by then I admit my knowledge of tree surgery won't be as comprehensive as a lot of tree surgeons and some consultants it willnhopefully be sufficient for the job. If not I will be asking a lot more questions on here!

Cheers ciaran glyde

P.s how did the tickets go on saturday?

Hi- basically I'm wanting to get as many theory qualifications under my belt before I go into work.

I want to go on another course before I start my degree at askham bryan in September.

My long term aim is to go down the tree inspector/ consultancy route.

At present I have:

A diploma in forestery and arb

Cs 30,31,38 (39 soon)

Cscs card soon

Basic tree inspection

Professional tree inspection

Can anybody reccomend me a course/ exam I can do, to gain more knowledge and another thing to put on my cv?

I am prepared to travel nationwide so venue recommendations are also appreciated!

Cheers ciaran glyde

Hello Ciaran,

sounds like you have a natural thirst for learning.

that's great !

Can I ask where you did the PTI?

I was under the impression that a candidate was in need of relevant industry experience prior to getting on the three days.

Well done for getting it either way :thumbup1:

Good luck in your future studies

David :001_smile:

Cheers for the kind words, and the amount I've learnt in the past from your posts!

I did my pti with a company called informed tree services based in Hamilton, a great company, would deffinatly reccomend to all, I did the basic one with them in december, and as I loved it so much I asked him about the professional course, he did say that he doubt that I would pass with my lack of experance and small amount of knowledge but he said it wouldn't be a waste of time as you learn a lot with the lectures of the course, and basically after each day of the course I did about four hours revision through the notes and fungi and I passed!

I gather from what I've read on arb talk you are a tree officer in London(sorry I may be completely wrong!) but if you are what qualifications/ courses would you go on to get into the position you are at? As that would probably be a dream job of mine after my degree!

Cheers ciaran glyde