What Chipper?

~Jon.

I have an old entec TW. Does the job but at a moderate pace. Bought a new Jensen and in 50 hours the chassis vibrated apart continually , throttle backed off in use requiring me to swap the twig holding the TW throttle open and use it for the new Jensen . Redwood convinced me of the modifications to counter this prior to sale then bought the chipper back off me.

TW still in use-twig back in rightful place.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Really nice staff"?

My old English teacher used to say that the word "nice" was non-descriptive and therefore wet! Couldn't you describe us with a bit more Passion please! "Nice" Forsooth!!!

Pete, you wanna tell me why I should be buying a 9 inch Greenmech instead of a 9 inch bandit?

I wouldn't buy a 9 inch (220) Greenmech, I'd rather have a 7.5x9 inch (19-28).

The 220 is an old design, and in my opinion not one of GMs better offerings. The 19-28 on the other hand is an excellent machine.

A big point is are you comparing sub 750kg machines for ones most of us young ens can't tow without a license which again makes a tw cost effective. I would put money on my 575kg chipper whoopin another 575kg one same for the tw 150 at 750kg, everyone always compares +1 ton choppers to the 150 silly :)

I take on board your issue with the weight of the chippers and towing but are you letting the need for an additional class on your licence restrict the work you can do on site. If your work only ever requires a 6" chipper the B+E is not really important but what happens in the future when you need a bigger tracked chipper on site, do you not bother pricing for the job, or do you risk including the extra cost of delivery and collection of a hire chipper and being outpriced? The towing weight issue is not getting any better, infact it is only getting worse as fewer people can legally tow larger trailers and chippers.

I am "lucky" enough to be of an age that even if I had not put myself through the old class 1 test when I was 21, I would still be able to tow larger trailers, Employers that I speak with are reluctant to put people through the test as they are afraid that the extra driving qualification makes the employee more likely to be poached by other companies.

Why not make yourself more employable by putting yourself through the test, you will need it at some point in your life.

Sorry for the rant but this problem will not go away and many of my customers do see it as a huge headache:banghead::banghead:

JENSEN ! Timberwolf stupid hole to change little blades ! I have big hands !! so machine with easy access to flywheel a must ! Jensen machines more user friendly imo ! A machine with NO -STRESS THAT KICKS IN QUICKLY , either got blunt blades! or ain't up to job ! Timberwolf blades must be half the size of Jensen blades ! I have A53O ! Will out perform timberwolf everytime !

i have a tw 150 on tracks and have no complaints. its been an awesome little chipper so far. iv heard a lot about the bearings on them but iv had no problems so far. i have used the equivalent jensen A530 and it doesnt get stuck with wide forked branches as easily as the tw,it seems to have more power but for the price and the reliability in my experience the tw has been first class!