STEIN Push-Talk-Listen Communication System

Nigel

We have had them about three weeks now and there spot on . Just dont throw the helmets in with the rest of the gear when weve done . The customers seem to think we know what were doing as the shouting and waving has stopped . As for testing on the ground ours have been out in three days of none stop rain and no problems definately recommend them .

Cheers Nigel, you know what its like when you look at investing in things.

Reidy, good to hear they held up in the rain as that was my only real worry. Also i wanted some to stop the shouting and having to say things three times. How did they fare getting hold of someone whilst they were working with the chipper?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to purchase a set at the show, or barely make an appearance.

When/where can I find them online for purchase in the states?

Hi Brendon, sorry you coundn`t get to the show, guess you were busy with the clean-up after the storm. STEIN USA should have them available in January. Once they are on the way i will mail you to let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

these are good items , and for the price plus the radio , works out just over £300 i feel they are worth it - speeded work up striaght away....

1 improvement could have been to hav a perminant switch on the earmuff so it could be used with the vox function on the radio for handsfree communication, however , does it realy matter ? (could use some ducttape like i did for 5mins then my lass was waffling on so i took it off , haha)

• 3 weeks later...

I use 2 ways a lot, they will be an asset to anyone on here but there is one down side that no one has mentioned yet.

As they are licence free they are becoming very popular so if your working near kids (or anyone else) using the same frequency they will hear you & you will hear them which could at times not only be frustrating but also could be very dangerous.

I know you have 8 channels to play with and these can also be split so you have many more, so in theory there shouldnt be a problem.

I moved onto the licensed radios and never get any problems like interference or people chatting away on your channel.

It's a great idea and wish everyone using these the very bast as they are much safer but just bear in mine your transmition is open to all!

Edited by Old WoodChip

Dos anyone have pics of the set up regards to the cables.? Also what's the best way of keeping a hold of the radio on the ground if you only buy one headset? Do people attach it to their shirt it would just be good for the groundsman not to worry about picking it out the pocket every time they need to speak to the climber. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk