A job I'm dreading! (I love it when a plan comes together!)

Andy Collins

Looks like you're on song again now Andy:thumbup1: after the idiot the first day:thumbdown:. £3k a tree!!! wow thats not to be trifled at. will the stripped one survive / recover do you think or did he totally ruin it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell Tommer, Scots are a hardy breed and I've seen worse in the woods survive, its more the aesthetics as much as anything.

Any Hoo, todays work was to move the rest of last nights delivery into the holding area, get some of the rhodies in the bed and mulch entire bed so its clean and tidy for the weekend. The two Very Large Cornus were dropped in the planting pits last night, so had to back-fill those in (Cornus alternifolia, Cornus kousca), think I'm going to transplant Kousca into a better place to show it off more! A few pics from today, showing the quad shifting the smaller, yet still too heavy for 2 men, plants around. The bucket has saved a lot of time when back-filling and shifting the mulch around the beds. Little crane came into its own for positioning plants over the pits.

IMG00676-20110602-1559.jpg.7c5d61065e8179cc76393bef179eaf09.jpg

IMG00675-20110602-1516.jpg.b08038556503d4cd2cf0eb4ec87b1fec.jpg

IMG00674-20110602-1251.jpg.ade6c1deed542323dbc0ea76ec7ec8f4.jpg

IMG00673-20110602-1251.jpg.ee9436152a6f3dffa7c0425a5c6483da.jpg

IMG00672-20110602-0851.jpg.3289d988353707052526cc1847b0bb93.jpg

IMG00671-20110602-0850.jpg.9328b741cf41ccb05d69650cde5246bb.jpg

I have on order now another 16 dwarf rhodies to infill around the others, they wont be in for 3weeks or so! The "Island" will also be done in around 3 or so weeks once the hay has been cut (women :001_rolleyes:) so plenty still to do, and the biggest part.

Lookin' good there Andy :thumbup:. What a great little project to manage, even if the logistics are a bit of a 'mare.

Are you going to be pottering around there with your watering can every evening for the forseeable? :lol:

here's the comprehensive list of plants to date:

Pinus sylvestris 'Watereri' - scots pine shrub

Rhododendron yakushimanum

Rhododendron cunninghamia

Cornus controversa - Giant dogwood

Cornus kousa - Szechuan strawberry

Viburnum plicatum - Japanese snowball

3x 7.5m Pinus syvestris

(I mis-wrote both of the Cornus, and had to check on the Rhodies)

Er no! Thats what gardeners are for :biggrin:

But you'd look so pretty in your Cath Kidson wellies :lol:

I'm guessing, given your clients expenditure, that they're not short of a gardener or two?