Are these comparable to Silky?

Billy

https://www.gustharts.com/Products/Pruning%20Tools/Cutting%20Edge%20Pruning%20Saws/

At about alf the price of the equivilent silky's and not looking too bad, do these cutting edge saws get the job done, has anyone used them? If they work alright seem like a good cheap alternative, it can;t be that hard to manufacture a decent pruning saw for a lower price so they might be alright:confused1:

They are a good alternative to silky fox and are around 20% cheaper. They are improving all the time. This is mainly due to Chris at CEuk's willingness to listen to criticism, take it on board and look to improve them.

Speaking with him at the arbfair I told him of a customer who had snapped a few blades. He told me in the beginning the saws were water hardened but has now moved on to oil hardening. The oil hardening means in the cooling proccess there is no moisture left within the blade which can make it brittle.

We've sold alot of them and other than that one customer snapping blades when they first came out we've had no complaints

As above they do cut but are no silky.

A nissan micra drives but isn't a ferrari. It all depends how you want to do it, on the cheap or properly.

Precisely. The saws aren't Silkys but the Micra doesn't pretend to be a Ferrari. The saws are good for small stuff, for Division 2 operators like me (nowhere near Premiership!) and gardening/landscaping use. They are good value for money and I suspect more early blades got broken than publicised; I've done two and my colleague one.

I cut around 10,000 coppice rods each year: these are horizontal cuts at the base and not vertical pruning cuts. Silky blades last 2 years before I have to start working harder to compensate for the blunting of the blade, Cutting edge only last 6 months.

Good as a back up saw or if you left your main hand saw at home got one in the tool box now Used it twice and i Don't think its that bad to be honest rather pay £20 then £40 for something dose the same job