What a great first Arb fair North

Les Cork

After a 5 hour drive home with time to reflect on a busy two days at the Arb fair North thought i'd just put a few thanks on here.

To Gustharts and Orange Plant for sticking their necks out to bring a new show for the industry to the North, the effort and plan was great attendance was very good for a first show i'd estimate at 600-700.

To the Arbtalkers who visited the Oregon stand, it was good to meet you all.

Thanks to all for the banter and great sense of humour especially the Arb teams from Newcastle city council.

And to all fellow exhibitors who helped each other with the little things missed and forgotten and took turns to get the teas in etc.

Overall a great show which will grow and i'm sure the next one will be bigger and have all the tweaks [like a bar on the site] for 2013.

I think a regional Arbtalk games should happen at these shows, tug of war, Axe throwing, maybe even air guitar competition [we all know who will win that one ]

:thumbup:

Top marks Gustharts et al for setting up this show for the more northern types. As we ascended the country, I'm sure the lack of oxygen in the thinner air affected my vision, as i couldnt find a bar on site:confused1: Now as many know, the bar area gives a focal point, a meeting place for networking, and a well earned drink for us. Oh well, sure that will be sorted:thumbup1: It was good to see one or two of the Northern membership on their home ground, and hopefully we have generated interest with a few more future members. Thanks to Nick Potts and others for the running of the student climbing comp, I missed the team event on the first day, but managed to catch the individual event on the 2nd day. had a good evening around the fire with the Inverness college team, lasting into the wee small hours sharing a few drams of some fine single malt from Orkney. Nice to see some ladies competing, (sorry Kat i missed your climb as we had to set off home)

Steve and I passed some time on the axe throwing, both with the tomahawk and the double-bit, not that we got at all competitive! Good fun too.

Tommy Craggs was doing an amazing carved bench, this man can really carve, I was blown away by the speed that the log was transformed into a work of art:thumbup1:

If you didnt make the show, try and make the next one in 2013. Thanks again to all those who make it happen.

IMG00633-20110514-1049.jpg.a86de58cb5404bdaecdc7a3592c45a0a.jpg

IMG00628-20110513-2236.jpg.97b897e6604380881a0e0b553686eec9.jpg

IMG00626-20110513-1337.jpg.58a80d9c7f9322e03056c0350129c105.jpg

IMG00625-20110513-0714.jpg.c119ad7c5e2bb3ff8ff4546a3f4cae8b.jpg

Glad u all enjoyed it, it was alot of hard work and alot of lessons learned for the next time!

Think on the ticker there were 600 to 700 but more in through back back gate who weren't taken into account. We reckon closer to 800 plus over the two days.

Thanks to all involved and all who attended, will be sorting out photos over the coming week after we've tidied up the aftermath!!!

Full breakfast in the college refectory - £2.50:thumbup1:

stick that in the programme for all to see next time as as Andy Collins told me the Hog roast was so good, can we pre order for next time as well foe exhibitors and guests alike.

Couple of bits of constructive criticism, a few more waste bins as the wind was blowing the rubbish all over the field, bar, better caterer, and maybe a temporary stand pipe for water for campers? All in all though a very good first show, pleasing turnout, good friendly atmosphere. thanks:thumbup1: