GTM Pro Chipper

aob9

I work in the Landscape/Garden maintenance area i.e not a Tree Surgeon. I usually load green waste into a trailer and take it to my local recycling center. I've recently been asked to remove LOTS of dead hedging (escalonia etc) and the bulk is creating obvious problems. I'm not in the market for a large chipper but I don't want to waste money on underpowered machinery at the same time. I'm currently looking at Greenmech CS100, Jo Beau M300 and also this....... GTM PRO GTS1300 Woodchipper - Shredders / Chippers Find Commercial Chippers Buy UK

Given that the GMP Pro chipper is a good bit cheaper than than the alternatives I was wondering if anybody has an opinion/experience of this machine. I'm heading to a trade show this week to see the Greenmech in action. There is also a Jo Beau dealer in Dublin.I doubt I will ever see a demo of the GMP Pro in action as they don't appear to have a dealer in Ireland (will need to import) so I will have to make a decision based on any advice I can get from elsewhere.

Which model of the greenmech are you going to look at?

I have the 18hp cs100 and I am made up with it. It may be slightly more than others but having the height of the discharge chute makes it handy for filling pickups.

I find that the cs100 has a good amount of power for what will fit in it. Be careful with small logs, they tend to bounce off the blades but filling it with brash and logs will force the through. You can't just bash it all in like a roller fed chipper, but adapt your work styles to suit the chipper and it will work a treat. The electric start on the 18hp makes it easier! Keep the belts tight, and it performs well.

I'm checking out the CS100 14HP( Honda) @ €5500 (incl VAT) and the electric start 18HP(Kohler) @ €6300. To be honest my budget doesn't allow for the 18HP. But this is always the problem, the best option is always just short of the grasp. I have made contact with a guy (on Arbtalk) who is selling a used 14HP version but I'm concerned about the cost/inconvenience of travelling to the UK to collect. You guys have no idea how lucky you are having "choice" in the UK. Over here we have very limited options at a high premium.

Found this ........"Force Feeding"

all the micro chippers dont really like dead woody stuff. there far better with connifers etc.

that chipper looks blunt compared to mine. also the branches sticking out the side are holding it back

i bought a GTM and im certinly not dissipointed with it.

• Like 1

all the micro chippers dont really like dead woody stuff. there far better with connifers etc.

that chipper looks blunt compared to mine. also the branches sticking out the side are holding it back

i bought a GTM and im certinly not dissipointed with it.

If I'm correct (based on other posts) you're lucky to have the Honda 13HP engine. I have no experience of Mitsubishi and I'm really not sure about the much cheaper GTE 390.

I've been offered a second hand Jo Beau M300 for €4850 (£4350) incl. VAT....high price, but hey! this is Ireland.

I can import a new GTM Pro 13HP Mitsubishi for £3275 and try and deal with any future problems myself due to lack of dealer support over here.

Edited by aob9

If I'm correct (based on other posts) you're lucky to have the Honda 13HP engine. I have no experience of Mitsubishi and I'm really not sure about the much cheaper GTE 390.

I've been offered a second hand Jo Beau M300 for €4850 (£4350) incl. VAT....high price, but hey! this is Ireland.

I can import a new GTM Pro 13HP Mitsubishi for £3275 and try and deal with any future problems myself due to lack of dealer support over here.

yes iv got the honda engine so i couldnt comment on the mitsibishi (there both japan made to so youd think theyd be ok)

might be worth shopping around. i found this

COMMERCIAL CHIPPERS - Shredders / Chippers UK

there really isn't much to the wee chippers, engine, 2 belts, 2 bearings, 2 blades and a bit of bin beating and thats it.

I was at a forestry show in Co Offaly last Saturday and there was stand with gtm chainsaws, chippers, lawnmowers etc. Sorry didnt get any info as I wasnt interested.:blushing:

These guys might have their info...

IRISH FORESTRY WOODLAND & BIO ENERGY SHOW 2013 ? ?

Howdy,

Have you looked at any of the Negri machines - inparticular the R185 with hydraulic infeed roller. Negri, il marchio verde - Homepage - Attrezzature da giardino hobbistiche e professionali

Irish dealer is PJ Callan, co.louth - Paddy Callan Farm Machinery, Ardee, Co.Louth, Ireland

Can't vouch for this particular machine but i have a slightly bigger pto Negri chipper/shreddder and its a pretty nice, simple, easy to maintain piece of kit.

Excellent back up service from Callans as well, always have parts for my machine in stock, etc.