Bye bye Bin Laden...

big fell!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a forum rule that covers 'incitement to violence' to a non forum member?

Incitement to commit an illegal act is an offence under UK law (and therefore we don’t need a separate forum rule). However, I’m not sure that remark would meet the tests of the legislation; I would imagine that there needs to be a real and actual possibility of harm occurring as a direct result of the incitement. If you want more borderline stuff try some of the theft related threads…

Tony, try and get over your self. You don't know me and you don't live here. Since there are many people named George think what you like.

I don't have to know you to make a judgement on your comments and I don't have to live where you live to disagree with your posts. Personal context does not shield you from scrutiny - it's irrelevant. The key point to take home from this ever so exciting debate is that I've asked you not to use a particular term on the site again.

Mohammed Atta and the others in the Hamburg cell are often overlooked when people discuss 9/11, they were westernised, rational (to a point) and well educated. They took flying lessons in the US for about a year then with the help of a few soldier types from the training camps in Afghanistan they hijacked planes and crashed them into the twin towers and the pentagon.

They took their orders from Bin Laden and the 'planes organiser' Khalid Shiekh Mohammed.

Tony, try and get over your self. You don't know me and you don't live here. Since there are many people named George think what you like.

Unfortunately, as moderators, we have to endeavour to keep the good ship Arbtalk steering on as straight a course as possible. Sometimes this means dealing with items that may be deemed offensive to others. Regardless of nationality, colour, creed or anything else we try to maintain things in an unbiased manner possible, with fear nor favour to our membership. Now we do have rules, as does any society, to guide us, but as mods most of the time we try to give as much leeway as possible to keep things amicable, all we ask is a little cooperation from the rest of you guys out there :thumbup1: