deposits for large jobs

pward

If their not willing to pay a deposit how willing are they going to be to pay up after the job us done.

I like to see the colour of they money even if its a little deposit I think it shows confidence in you and your work and proves that they are serious.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If their not willing to pay a deposit how willing are they going to be to pay up after the job us done.

They do pay though.

I have completed 1000's of jobs and they all pay at the end of the job.

Do a good job to the spec you sold them and all is well.:thumbup1:

I quoted for a job the quote signed turned up and the job was done the farmer had done it (she complaned about the farmer I think he got Knocked)

Then she didnt stop ringing could I fell the trees the farmer had reduce. So I dubbled the price and asked for 50% upfront she payed the deposit and yes she knocked me for the rest.

They are out there

I like Stephen's idea of getting paid upfront. Forget deposits. Full amount. If someone books us in for tree pruning on Monday afternoon that's the point at which the money should be paid I reckon. They just bought us for Monday afternoon. I'm not sure how to ask yet but I'm sure it could be done.

I have just delivered logs that i got paid for 3 days ago, the customers words were ' i know you are good for it and we choose to use you after trying other guys as they like to work with an upfront honest guy.:biggrin:

I have supplied him for over a year and that was the first time i had met him, or even spoke to him. :laugh1:

• 2 months later...

Hi there I don't take deposits for jobs but if the job is large and spans several visits I usually do it on a day rate for them and I get them to pay me at the end of each visit or if it's several days together then it's payment at the end of each week . I find this works well for them and me . Up to now I have never had a problem with payment allways had it on the day . When I go and look at the job one of my conditions is that when I come to dothe work the customer has to be home and be at the house when I carry out the work . This way they can have an input and regulary view the progress of the job ask questions and I can make sure they are happy as the job progresses plus they are then there at the end of the day to pay up . So far for me this tact has worked very well .

All the best littletree :thumbup: