Looks like a well built piece of kit

Fahrenheit

Looks good for a protatype. No drive belts looks all hyd. Never heard of them would be difficult to get parts unless someone takes up a dealership in uk. I would say looking at the switch gear in front of the conveyor its not been field tested, first bent piece of ash will fall off conveyor and wipe out the plastic switch box.

It does actually look a fair bit of kit, but why did they go to all that build and then put a manual splitter hieght adjust on it ?

As been said, i could see the switch gear not lasting too long.

However, from the pics it dont look too bad, and looks like it will take fair size timber.

I would be interested to know a bit more about it.

Rob.

Edit, just noticed it is plus vat, missed that before, thought it was vat inc, pushes the price up a bit for an unknown foriegn machine.

Edited by ashman

as above.. the switchgear box will be smashed to pieces on the first day of use.

I must be missing something...why does it have an electric motor...more to go wrong.

also infeed conveyor looks short and where is the log deck? a deck is essential if you need to get commercial quantities of firewood out of the machine.

imo pay the little bit extra and get a hakki with a deck

as above.. the switchgear box will be smashed to pieces on the first day of use.

I must be missing something...why does it have an electric motor...more to go wrong.

also infeed conveyor looks short and where is the log deck? a deck is essential if you need to get commercial quantities of firewood out of the machine.

imo pay the little bit extra and get a hakki with a deck

I agree it looks no where good as a hakki, i certainly will not be trading mine in for one of those:thumbup1:

The cables in the gap between the infeed conveyor and the main body of the machine look exposed to snagging as well. Think i will stick to my Hakki Pilke 2X on it's sixth year now and no major problems so far.

We have a 2x which is 9 years old and had a full life before we got it 5 years ago. we also use it to prep 6" timber for the kindlet it gets a real dogs life but just keeps going. We are wearing the handles off where the roll pin goes through. Drive belts are a weak point but cheap to replace and fault fault find. All runs on the kis principal (keep it simple )

We have a 2x which is 9 years old and had a full life before we got it 5 years ago. we also use it to prep 6" timber for the kindlet it gets a real dogs life but just keeps going. We are wearing the handles off where the roll pin goes through. Drive belts are a weak point but cheap to replace and fault fault find. All runs on the kis principal (keep it simple )

Also M. Large offer a great back up service in getting parts out to you quick, so little down time with the machine. Operators manual and parts list is a bit confusing, but the M Large guys product knowledge is good if you can understand the Irish accent.

yeah good points on the switch gear. I personally would rather have an electric motor drive.....much less to go wrong than hooking it up to a tractor that has its own engine and electrics. I wouldn't buy one purely due to it being unknown and also the price is up there with Palax and Hakki......just thought it looked pretty well built though. Fairly hefty and nicely finished.