Heads Up - Kit being stolen to order in South West

TimberCutterDartmoor

the police seam to be relaxed at home and do not bother with minor things at. you always see cars with one head light exctra all the time but not in england. the only problem is it is very hard to recover stolen good as they go stright over the border.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can it be right that a man can have is house burgled and can still face criminal charges if he so wishes to defend his property ? . At one end of my small holding we have a quarry now you can imagine what would happen if i were to chase someone off of my property and they were to drive/ fall into the quarry , i would be the one in the dock !!!

Not if they never found the body:001_smile:

the police seam to be relaxed at home and do not bother with minor things at. you always see cars with one head light exctra all the time but not in england. the only problem is it is very hard to recover stolen goods as they go straight over the border.

I am sure it IS very hard to recover them, but I pay my taxes for a police service which I dont get IMO. It is very easy to reach target figures from motoring offences etc, but this doesnt help those who have had their kit stolen. The introduction of, and gospel reliance by the media upon, crime numbers and targets is what is ensnaring already overstretched budgets for the police force. Recent cuts forced by the bankers' greed/ payout have entrenched this problem in this country too.:thumbdown:

I am sure it IS very hard to recover them, but I pay my taxes for a police service which I dont get IMO. It is very easy to reach target figures from motoring offences etc, but this doesnt help those who have had their kit stolen. The introduction of, and gospel reliance by the media upon, crime numbers and targets is what is ensnaring already overstretched budgets for the police force. Recent cuts forced by the bankers' greed/ payout have entrenched this problem in this country too.:thumbdown:

Quite right.

Just for further info. this landcruiser has been spotted in west cornwall offering saws etc for sale.

Not only that, a massive heist was carried out in mid devon and the victims were members on here; a car was stolen and a steel freight container inside a building which in turn was inside a fenced compound (!) was emptied, anihilating the chaps ability to work...

I guess one thing to look at is making sure all your kit is well insured at cost to replace and also that it is stored in compliance with the policy terms as they love to wriggle out of paying if they can (padlocks weren't up to spec etc.).

Also be more aware of how you might be traced back from things you say on the net (eg.I have a new £7000 processor and it's great). Can your identity be traced back through things you have said or your profile details on forums etc?

Deeply sad but something to think about. Personally I think this kind of crime needs to be taken much more seriously. The effects of wiping out a hard working honest person's ability to earn on them and their family can be devastating in the short and long term. Many will never fully recover.

Stereo,Insurance is only a good as the number of claims you have on your policy, sooner or later with the number of reports of stolen kit I have seen on this forum it will only be a matter of time untill the policy is to expensive to maintain or cancled by the ins. company.

I am waiting on a reply from a alarm company in the UK and shall start contacting more in the next few days to try to combat this plague against fellow people in the industry. Will keep you posted. FYI this would be open to any member of the community willing to try a Proactive means of stoping this as a group. Firewood posted a survey for additional input, I urge all to voice your opinions, lets keep working on stopping this plague.