spiderjack 2 help

tree man john

looks like it gives you reasonable control when out on the tips, i had a go with my mates lock jack and that was the biggest issue i had with it. were you running it through a regular cambium saver, i couldnt quite tell from the vid.

Just ordered my self some poison ivy and a new tree motion so my budget is spent for now but i reckon the spider jack is going to be on my wish list, especialy if i get more pruning work coming in - which i hope so - only one reduction on a mature oak tree in the last 4 months, the rest has been take downs so its not so great hearing that they arent so good when blocking down....

also what helmet cam do you use???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it gives you reasonable control when out on the tips, i had a go with my mates lock jack and that was the biggest issue i had with it. were you running it through a regular cambium saver, i couldnt quite tell from the vid.

Just ordered my self some poison ivy and a new tree motion so my budget is spent for now but i reckon the spider jack is going to be on my wish list, especialy if i get more pruning work coming in - which i hope so - only one reduction on a mature oak tree in the last 4 months, the rest has been take downs so its not so great hearing that they arent so good when blocking down....

also what helmet cam do you use???

Friction management is key i find more so than the hitch/spiderjack. Ropeguide/pulleysaver make it really easy to use. Limb walks are a dream now. Cameras Gopro hd hero:thumbup1:

I was going to say the same thing - nobody can go straight into a tree and climb like that from the get-go.

Poncey show offs.

Little bit harsh. Guy in the video came on here to chat about it. Was hardly poncey, seemed pretty down to Earth, and a damn good climber to boot. A bad climber can rehearse the same tree as many times as he likes, still going to be hard to make it look that easy.

its annoying as i'm not one of them, but some climbers you can tell straight away have a certain skill and grace around the tree that allows them to move like that, not saying i'm slow but if i was to do that there would be a 5 minute pause where i have to untangle the scarf i just knitted out of my climbing line.

it would be interesting to see the guy in the vid redo the climb using a blakes hitch.....

Little bit harsh. Guy in the video came on here to chat about it. Was hardly poncey, seemed pretty down to Earth, and a damn good climber to boot. A bad climber can rehearse the same tree as many times as he likes, still going to be hard to make it look that easy.

I was talking about the first video - didn't see the other ones!

Just want to point out that i did say "dont be fooled by it" and it was rehearsed for sure. I also want to say that you can see the guy can climb well and has good skills. But Steve there is no way someone can be that precise with every move on a first shot except maybe me :lol:

I wouldnt have gone as far as calling him a poncey show off though ;)