LPG Tipper??

Highland Forestry

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been smoking around in my 'new' 2001 LT35 cab/chassis for a week its got a petrol/lpg conversion by Tickford. I am having a drop side fabricated for it in a week but giving it some use to see how it goes and if it needs anything.

There is no noticable drop in power when i run on LPG, but the tickover/idle is a bit lumpy. There may be a drop in power when loaded only time will tell but so far i have been very impressed with it running on LPG.

It cost me £30 to fill the LPG tank, there are 2 places here on the IOM that sell it but one of those is central. It cost me £0.93 a Litre which i feel is worth the hassle of driving an additional 5 mins to get! £0.93p verses £1.48 it is this that caused me to choose this LT35 as the basis for my Log Delivery Vehicle.

Would be really good to hear how you get on with it fully loaded or towing...

What about steep hills??

I have a 98 transit LWB Van on lpg and it runs pretty well. 2.0 dohc 16v.

Its at full weight (3.5t) virtually all the time.

On gas its 16/17 mpg; on petrol around 21 mpg. Thats mainly short journey and urban driving. With the price difference I'd need around 35 mpg on petrol to match the gas cost.

(And what mpg should I expect if I swapped the van for a modern Diesel?)

• 2 weeks later...