Nessie

ecolojim

It's my first chipper Rupe. tbh Im well versed enough to know what I would ideally want, but I bought what I could afford.

first impressions are that it's well balanced and light enough to pick the front end up and maneuver it by hand really quite easily, and I find it a lot easier than most whippy little chippers to reverse with the truck so for where I live out in the sticks where everyone has a decent sized drive and you count the cars by the hour not the minute, It shouldnt be too much of a problem.

I dont do a lot of tight access domestic work. I try and concentrate on parish council jobs, woodland and other non-domestic contracts where the area isnt quite so saturated, so for what I paid for it, It'll do me just fine I reckon. at least for now. It's a compromise, but I'll play to its strengths

It's my first chipper Rupe. tbh Im well versed enough to know what I would ideally want, but I bought what I could afford.

first impressions are that it's well balanced and light enough to pick the front end up and maneuver it by hand really quite easily, and I find it a lot easier than most whippy little chippers to reverse with the truck so for where I live out in the sticks where everyone has a decent sized drive and you count the cars by the hour not the minute, It shouldnt be too much of a problem.

I dont do a lot of tight access domestic work. I try and concentrate on parish council jobs, woodland and other non-domestic contracts where the area isnt quite so saturated, so for what I paid for it, It'll do me just fine I reckon. at least for now. It's a compromise, but I'll play to its strengths

Should be fine then. My first chipper was a bandit, not as big as that one, and had some issues with it so am a bit cynical about them.

At least you have use for all those imperial sockets in your socket set now!

Sounds and looks like a good investment towards working smarter with your own funds. Might I suggest a reserve fund for future repair and replacement needs, continue to fund this reserve with every job the savings will provide you with a sound future reinvestment for the future, Happy Easter.

I had a squad working by loch ness today - you could have given it a test!

should have organised a highland get together with some beerage!!

Cracking day up here today, beautiful weather, you certainly picked a good one.

Nice looking chipper too!!

Ahh well unfortunately this was one of my VERY rare excursions south. Garth called it nessie because 'its all neck, and asked how it was pulling the loch ness monster along behind me!

Should be back in Aviemore in a few weeks and then in the summer, so you're on for a highland gathering!

Well, it got a going over this morning. sharpened up infeed roller, tightened springs, checked anvil gap etc.

and then put it to work this afternoon for an hour and a half's solid chipping

It's some bit of kit I can tell ya! destroyed 6 trees worth of brash up to and exceeding 6inches. that perkins up front just digs its heels in and chucks out some black smoke for good measure!

got back afterwards, operated the throttle control whilst watching the linkage on the pump and realised the throttle was only opening half way to the stop! :001_huh:

whats it gonna be like running balls out?! :thumbup: