which sawhorse?

RobRainford

Want to buy a sawhorse, got my eye on the oregon easycut one, as we have a lot of long lengths to get through that arent thick so would fit in nicely

the other alternatives are the standard metal ones ive seen, although i think that may hamper productivity compared to the other one?

or are there better designs out there?

cheers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

METAL CHAINSAW LOG SAW HORSE WITH HOLDER FOR SAWING | eBay UK

I bought one of these about 3 years ago, its bloody brilliant, it has a clamp that clamps the bar of your saw to the pivot. One 17mm bolt, so you can use your standard multitool.

Having the saw clamped into the saw horse means it takes the weight of the saw so you can operate it one handed. Feed the log in with the left hand and cut with the right.

Mine has seen some welding and additional bracing as i am not that sympathetic when loading large pieces of timber!

i have the portek version of that type, its well made and quick enough for my use, you can only run and 18" bar on them i think from memory, although i think thats more for safety so the bar doesnt stick out the end of the cover, but also i think you may struggle to fit bigger than 18" dia logs between the saw holder and the size of the tray. I have run a 372 on mine but tbh its normally the 340husky as its the most fuel efficent and on a narrow kerf chain so less wastage and sawdust to deal with

end of the day, put an 18inch log on there of any length, and if it hasnt bent or twisted the legs, you try and advance it one handed. The portek is brilliant, ive got one, but it's not designed for processor lengths or top end processor sizes

Mine is the portek version too, you can run any size of saw on it as it clamps to the bar not the saw, and as i said it holds the weight of the saw so you dont get as tired. I run mine with a 20 inch bar but then again i have never used the top safety guard either!

You can also cut some great thin discs of wood with it. Not really found much of a use for them other than coasters yet though!

Mine is the portek version too, you can run any size of saw on it as it clamps to the bar not the saw, and as i said it holds the weight of the saw so you dont get as tired. I run mine with a 20 inch bar but then again i have never used the top safety guard either!

You can also cut some great thin discs of wood with it. Not really found much of a use for them other than coasters yet though!

Mine'lost' its safety shroud that covers the bar too,I think it rattled too much....Great little bench for small diameter stuff,just watch when you mount the saw that it does not snag on the crankcase when rotating the saw,leave an inch or so of bar on the saw head end as they can catch the crankcase around the hinged part of the bench.:001_smile: