advice on fallen oak

PDGS

Hello

I was after some advice on the best way the safely bring down this oak, I am new to climbing so have not got years of experence under my belt

it's a twin stem oak that has split and the right hand one is hung up on the the two trees. my problem is the the limb furthest away in the picture as its higher than the neighbouring tree and there is no branches close enough near it to get on to it. I was thinking of branch walk down one stem and stepping over to that one but what do you guys think any advice would be appreciated

many thanks Paul

59765a65d9ad1_brussels015.jpg.93e83cce3d6c872c0c30d6808a82d22d.jpg

59765a65d6f33_brussels014.jpg.32095a074537a220092e9e9af37a7919.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the first shot get an anchor in the oak to the right as high as poss with a clean line to the fallen oak bits it all of till your down to where the fallen tree sits on the branch of the tree halfway down its length.

then start taken sections from the butt until youre stem is vertical, it should fall out t that stage.

in the first shot get an anchor in the oak to the right as high as poss with a clean line to the fallen oak bits it all of till your down to where the fallen tree sits on the branch of the tree halfway down its length.

then start taken sections from the butt until youre stem is vertical, it should fall out t that stage.

:scared1:Tell me you are flippin joking mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were you taught how to take down hung up trees safeley?????????? You are NEVER meant to do that. Okay, we all might do it, but this guy has just admitted to being new to this game and asked for experience, and you have given him some potentially lethal advice. The correct taught manner is to sever the root plate, attach a winch to the bottom of the stem and pull the stem until the crown falls to the floor, at no time walking or working under the hung up tree.

edit- the safest way is to do what Steve Bullman said, and use that as a valid learning experience.

Thanks for that. that never even crossed my mind:thumbup1:

I was gonna say that too. If the tree its leaning into has been comprimised then we just cut it ( split one) out at the base and winch the butt out till the crown goes.