200t troubles

grantdude

Had my 200t for about 18months from new. Lately its being playing up and being silly. When i pump the trigger, the revs drop ever so slightly and there is a slight delay before they pick up again , almost like when you are about to run out of fuel. Anybody had the same troubles before?:confused1:

It sounds a bit like it is running weak on the L setting but could be early signs of an airleak through crank seals or rubber boot.

I would check the gauze filter in the carb, set it back to factory settings on the L setting and if the problem is still there, turn the L screw 1/4 turn counter clockwise and if it still doesn't work, either pressure check it or check the integrity of the carb boot as a holed one will cause exactly these symptoms.

Poor idle can be the first signs of an airleak or just the infamous Zama MS200T carb:thumbdown:

Send it over if you want it fixed:thumbup:

Just read your post again - 18 months old - do the L screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise adjustment and tweak the idle up as it will drop and all should be good - I am assuming that your 18 months old saw is still in reasonable condition and not shagged!:laugh1:

Its seen a fair bit of action over the past eighteen months , out 5 days a week definately not for the bin yet. i will give the L screw and idle screw a tweak and see if it improves . thanks for the advice.:thumbup1:

If I re read your first post... My saws just stall and have no power when you pull the trigger, check the filters and clutch before getting a new carb!

Matty, I have one at the moment starts ok then seems very lean when revving up. It then stalls like its run too lean.

IYO, is it worth just getting a carb for that rather than messing around?

The saw is about 7 years old and has done a reasonable amount of work.

Cheers, Pete.

Matty, I have one at the moment starts ok then seems very lean when revving up. It then stalls like its run too lean.

IYO, is it worth just getting a carb for that rather than messing around?

The saw is about 7 years old and has done a reasonable amount of work.

Cheers, Pete.

You probably have one of two faults -

Dirt in the carb pumping section gauze filter or a split inlet carb boot.

Set the L screw to 1 turn out, if it still does it then try up to 1.5 turns but any more and you have one of these faults.

Matty - you can run those carbs up to me and I will fix em if you like:thumbup: