Is it just me or???

Stevie Mac

I always have a read through the employment threads and always think that there are some great job out there for the right person.

So why do some people who are interested in the job reply to the post by saying " am interested in the job you can contact me on" (or words to those effect).

These people should be contacting there potential future employers and getting there CV of to them.

And it annoys me even more when the job post clearly states that people who are interested are to email there CV to them and they still ask the employer to contact them.

If I ever had the opportunity to employ someone am afraid these people wouldn't even get a look in!

Rant over

Cheers

Stevie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can maybe understand my emplyment thread then Stevie, i was basically describing myself and every other grafter out there, the ones who arent think i am an evil employer who abuses staff. lol.

In the last 13 years i have given extra money, given the use of kit, vehicles etc to staff, bought 1 a car, given another a chainsaw, hedgecutter and arranged a van for him and managed to wipe over £30k of his bad debt through a friend of mine in the business, put them through tickets and 90% of the time it has been thrown back in my face. I work alone or with 1 other good guy.

I try for any job, whenever I don't think I'm wasting whoever's time. I will always get in touch rather than wait, the onus should not be on the bloke who is giving you the cash, but some people don't want you to get in touch, say they will contact you and don't, suppose thats just the trade.

Sam

You can maybe understand my emplyment thread then Stevie, i was basically describing myself and every other grafter out there, the ones who arent think i am an evil employer who abuses staff. lol.

In the last 13 years i have given extra money, given the use of kit, vehicles etc to staff, bought 1 a car, given another a chainsaw, hedgecutter and arranged a van for him and managed to wipe over £30k of his bad debt through a friend of mine in the business, put them through tickets and 90% of the time it has been thrown back in my face. I work alone or with 1 other good guy.

Unfortunately that's what seems to happen to decent people in today's world.

Had a letter from a lad from bicton college today who wants to do 300 hours unpaid work experience,he has all his tickets!thats how to get your foot in the door!does any one else near taunton need free qualified labour?im willing to share.