Norway

Lancstree

What about good things to buy when out there? My girlfriend wants some of them knitted socks but that's not important! I know they do some really good outdoor clothes and work gear.. any recommendations?

Good things to buy... well not much esp. if you want a bargain. If you want booze - buy in duty free or on the ferry as the Vinomonopoloat or whatever it is called is well expensive. In Bergen area I think you will notice that the majority of people where bergmans which is sold in the Inter sports. Helly Hanson is also well popular.

The sock are well touristy and cost a bit. My missus is a noggy so we get an old dear who lives next to her dad to knit them for us :sneaky2:

As I am always reminded when it is wet and rainy and i don't want to leave my cave - that in Norway there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing..!

Most campsites have camping Hutts to rent we stayed in them when the weather was really crappy for the tent ( kids were 3+5 yrs) are great to dry out in. Camping in Bergen was limited and soggy ground. Use ferries rather than drive the long way round , they are cheap and efficient.

DSCF0093.jpg.fef17d2e23a86053e6bceab18f86a891.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg.d03ba61b9679f7ad5b00b6589c66138a.jpg