Strength Training

LancsMike

Protien shakes are waist of money if your diet is right, as your body only takes on so much,You s%#t the rest out. If you want strength with stamina then try to lower your waight and do more reps. If you are looking for short bursts of strength along with bulk then lift a heavy waight and do say 3 sets of 5 reps. Make sure you alternate muscles, say Monday you do your shoulders miss tues, and do your biceps triceps weds, miss thurs and to chest fri. Best to do is to speek to your lockal gym and ask for program. Works for me, I like to throw at least a 40 min cardio session in befor as it warms and streches your muscles. Works well for me, atb eddie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to order some off Amazon and give them a bash, mate of mine is big into his training over in Elland so i'll pick his brains on it and ask him to give me a demo. Thanks Robert :thumbup1:

Edit : Thanks by the way, Hypnotherapy seemed to do the job, not had 1 Ciggy since nor want to.. if anything cig smoke smells pretty bloody rancid now lol

Have a look at clubbells as well. If you wanna get big do whole body stuff.

Squats, split squats, jump squats, deadlifts, cleans/clean and press.

I think most tree surgeons will already have uber strong delts so they may be taking over in your bench press, try incline flyes to build the upper part of your chest.

Good luck Jedi warrior.:thumbup:

Holla and I shall appear haha :) good beginners workout split to the world of strength would be push,pull,and lower body

three days a week no more than 40 mins needed.

Push day I'd warm shoulder. Up with some light overhead presses Then some barbell military presses,followed by flat bench then finished off with floor presses.And some heavy pulley pushdowns with cambered bar

Pull day do some highrep situps and hyper extensions and head straight to deadlifts,follow up with some high cleans,and then some bent over barbell rows,finish with high rep rear delt raises supersetted with face pulls.

Lower body two mins cycle warm up then knees and head straight to squat rack,proceed to do nice controlled squats to at least parallel.follow up with stiff leg deadlifts

Warm up set of 15 reps to start then after that do set of 5 reps then 3 then final set do two reps (or a double a it's known)

eat like a king sleep well,and despite what anyone says on here if trainin hard enough then your body will need outside protein sources or protein shakes.

I can't even humanly eat 5thousand calories of solid food a day.

Any questions fire away I'll be glad to help.

Try YouTube elitefts YouTube channel and anything by westside barbell,rippetoe is a fraud and his form will hurt you over the years,terrible strength coach.I follow modified westside template for my powerlifting meets.

Good luck dude :)

when i first started training i had no ned for suplements but as my training has progressed the need for suplements has become greater. the secret to gaining all round strength is to base your training arround some principle Compound lifts such as squatts , dead lifts and bench press the build your training programe around these . i train 3 days a week with weights and try and get a couple more sessions in at they gym doing some cardio (when work allows) . also the ammount of reps and sets you do will have quite alot to do with your development i tend to alternate betwene 5 sets of five reps , pyramid sets - 15-10-8-5 and 3 sets of ten , try and mix up your training programe and training style every 6-8 weeks and this will further help . And yes the right types of protein shake can help out along the way . i for one never thought i would be able to squatt 220 kg or dead lift that sort of weight but i now can and i will readilly put this down to all of the help and advice i have had from several trainers and fellow weight lifters .