Beware tracked equipment

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pictures of tight squeezes/interesting setups?

Before my days of forum addiction David so never have taken photo's, now of course I am kicking myself.

I will try to get some in the near future.

It is out on Tuesday doing a 300 yards run of crownlifting H/chestnuts on the private estate where I shoot.

Will be going up a hair raisng 25ft. But the machine can do a 70ft run without moving position.

I can probably claim I have the only MEWP to have been shot.

I used it once to raise a small auto clay trap to 60ft for some high bird clays when I was coaching some first time shots. One of them shot the clay before it came out of the trap :scared1:

Poor MEWP, it has seen some action.

I'm going to look into getting the basket repaired and straightened and just as you say the pin holes bushed.

Everytime I set myself time to do it something else comes up. Never have time for anything just lately, if I'm not working, I'm pricing, not pricing servicing, not servicing, doing jobs on the house.

The last month I've worked 13 hour days seven days a week it a night mare and to top it all I've just spent three hours at the cop shop giving statements after witnessing a mugging :scared1: and thats on my way to change the tyre for my daughter after a blowout.

I'll explain on another thread

Yes that's the one.

Easy done mate, I only heard of peter at the farm. When I first got mine I had a very close call, luckily I had the legs out because I was moving it along a few yards and I couldn't believe how easily it went over sideways.

How did you go on damage wise, I heard it was very little

It was very easily done, just a quick tweek and time stood still. i watched it just go off balance but didnt react quickly enough. a quick tweek the other way and it would have been a close shave. as mentioned, it was the end of the day, traffic sign guys wanted to get cleared up and the lads wanted to go home. so did I and was rushing a bit and FORGOT to put legs out!! Doh!

Damage was minimum. Bent the basket a bit. Fortunately, the plant firm had just recently employed an ex panel beater and they had the means/skills to sort it out. cost me about £200 for labour. Not bad I thought. Good firm though and the guy is very laid back and reasonable.

I think it was either a 12 or 15m you had which aren't too bad to operate but when you get onto the 18m you would have to spend a day at least for the first time user to familiarise they are so complex

Glad to hear it worked out for you though.

Your welcome to the get together BTW even if it's just to catch up on the latest gadgets and see them being used