Fukushima Nuclear plant

Matthew Arnold

I think that the effect that this has had on the nuclear debate is interesting:-

On the one hand, the antis are arguing that this highlights the vulnerability of nuclear power stations to natural disasters and therefore we shouldn't ever build any more; instead we cover the entire surface of the planet with windfarms or something equally futile.

On the other hand, the pro-nuclears are arguing that here is a power station designed to withstand no more than an 8.2 quake that has survived (just) an 8.9 without melting down and without any widespread catastrophe (yet), thus proving that nuclear power is a lot safer than anyone believed.

Not sure which of these arguments I agree with - I tend to think that there wouldn't be a power problem at all if there weren't so many people roaming the earth - come to think of it there probably wouldn't be anyproblems if there were significantly fewer people roaming the earth.

Incidentally has there ever yet been an earthquake somewhere where there was a wind farm? If so, what happened to it?

Sky news says radioactive traces found in Glasgow !!! :( ,

Yeah I saw that, specifically at a location in Cumbernauld. Radioactive waste seems to have been further distributed from this point but is contained in an orange fluid held stored in small metal cans.

Yeah I saw that, specifically at a location in Cumbernauld. Radioactive waste seems to have been further distributed from this point but is contained in an orange fluid held stored in small metal cans.

People have been warned to be on the lookout for these containers and must not open them, ever.