good tips on getting more work from your client

Bob Rolfe

Have you ever seen the state a builder, plumber, window fitter etc will leave a customers site? Its disgusting the mess they leave behind themselves. And we come along, and for a lot less return, leave the site tidier than when we started? Stuff that.

But thats it Ed, no need to leave the site a tip!

I have a regular customer who is a retired vet, never done any work at home himself, always gets tradesmen in. He regularly comments to me that he has never had anyone tidy up like me, or care for his property like i do.

This customer never asks for a price first, and i get enquiries recommended from him at least once a month.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But thats it Ed, no need to leave the site a tip!

Not a tip, but no need to leave it like an operating theatre.

I will run the blower round, rake up and make tidy, but I see guys who literally spend hours raking a lawn till not a spec of sawdust remains. Pointless for me, but then I dont chase domestic work

Not a tip, but no need to leave it like an operating theatre.

I will run the blower round, rake up and make tidy, but I see guys who literally spend hours raking a lawn till not a spec of sawdust remains. Pointless for me, but then I dont chase domestic work

Yeh, i know where your at ed, but different customers reguard it differently, you can usually suss out how particular they are by scanning round the garden:sneaky2:

Like you say i believe our "trade" is still about the tidyest there is. In fact you would think some of these builders etc dont even own a sweeping brush!

Have you ever seen the state a builder, plumber, window fitter etc will leave a customers site? Its disgusting the mess they leave behind themselves. And we come along, and for a lot less return, leave the site tidier than when we started? Stuff that.

Couldnt agree more,Most want a golf course green left behind!!

Couldnt agree more,Most want a golf course green left behind!!

I agree, bloody pain in the arse, 80ft beech rigged down safely then 3 hours hoovering up and dusting like a housewife I don't think so!

Stump grinding and taking away the chips, what a pain that is..:thumbdown:

Yeh, i know where your at ed, but different customers reguard it differently, you can usually suss out how particular they are by scanning round the garden:sneaky2:

Like you say i believe our "trade" is still about the tidyest there is. In fact you would think some of these builders etc dont even own a sweeping brush!

My piont is, the same customer who expects you to leave his garden immaculate, would'nt bat an eyelid at a builder leaving a horrendous mess.

Probably would'nt get 10 quotes off different builders either, or be surprised at them charging £200 a day for turning up with a trowel.

Suppose I'm just ranting at the building trade.:mad1:

I always treat a customers garden as if it were my own. ( so scrap bits of old engines, piles of logs and chip, empty beer cans, and a broken football net all round then.)hahaha only joking. Leaving a site clean and tidy doesnt take 3 hours sweeping and cleaning like a housewife, you just need a backpack leaf blower and 10mins. Sweep the dust under the rug as it were. haha