My project to help you and arboriculture

dear all, i have begun a long process of starting a registered charity, the charity is to further the education of arbs/ arb students (currently unable to fund such training ) or get access to facilities that will be made available to them by this charity.

The facility will have tree survey and assessment tools and microsopes to allow those with little experience or knowledge in any of these areas to learn and gain confidence in more refined areas of arboriculture

its double objective is to promote a more ecologically informed approach to arboriculture, and in doing so protect and preserve biodiversity, particularly focussed on BAP priority species.

This charity will be able to provide free training in VTA, and its associated tools for evaluation alsdo fungal diagnosis and prognosis,also bats in relation to trees and other arbor ecology related skills and a library of books (donated by yours truly)

This will be an open resource to arbtalk members and arb students on assited placements.

If you have anything to ask, suggest or add please do, but in the meantime i need letters of support from companies and individuals for my application as a charity.

if you feel this will be a worthwhile cause show your support of it in writing to Tony Croft (or Hamadryad whichever you prefer!)

42 thorpe crescent watford herts wd19 4ld

thank you for listening:thumbup1:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got a brief rundown on how the letter should be worded?? Much obliged.

I havent any more info than that I will need letters of support from those who may benifit or within the area of work to be undertaken by the charity, im sure anything penned will be worthwhile. I am certain they want to see quantity as apposed to quality.

I shall get scribing :D

aye, good man

You'll obviously have my support, and I'm sure many of the membership, but I'd imagine the key will be, getting a 'name' from the industry supporting your goal.

a Tony Kirkham or a Neville Faye perhaps.

Maybe you already have ?

Did you ever doubt the Hama?

Forget Neville Fay and Tony Kirkham, do the best job you can and they will soon be coming to you. There are enough members on this board that you will make a great start and then word will spread.

Doors need to be opened for opportunity to knock.

There are key holders in life.

Without access, mans journey is fraught with wasted & misdirected effort.