My project to help you and arboriculture

I thought there were college courses to learn this sort of thing? as for a charity well I would not give money for this, there are many, many worthier causes than training tree surgeons to identify fung etc, assume I will receive some flaming from the Sisters of Sanctimony but thats how I feel.

What these guys and girls can learn with me is not taught in arb courses, in fact much of what they could learn from me is so far beyond the realms of standard arboriculture, but exactly where it should be heading.

I think it is sad that antone could have a negative comment regarding such a venture, this is for the advancment of arboriculture, to assist those that may not be able to afford such training events ( I do and can pass the knowledge on) I see so many people here with a thirst for this kind of experience, and it is also a reflection of what i lacked on my way to knowledge.

Nobody is out there to give guys and girls interested in a arb a decent foot in the door to knowledge on such a freely and readily available basis.

I suggest you go and do some homework and find out just how hard it is to get this training and how much it would cost you!

your entitled to your opinion of course, but i think youll find you are in a very small minority.:sneaky2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to benR and Sally clark for their letters of support which arrived this week, it is very much appreciated, I will keep you all informed of my progress but i think this may be a long time in the making, but fingers crossed.

I take it mine hasn't put in an appearance yet then? :confused1:

Hi Tony. I'm a trustee of a small charity woodland. What I've found from a fund-raising point of view is that few people are REALLY that interested. Its not something that cute and cuddly (panda) its not a little orphan looking for support, or a starving, malnourished child from Africa that tugs at heart-strings. We get quite a few visitors during the year, but none of those will put their hands in their pockets and donate to keep it maintained.

What you are suggesting is going to appeal to a very very tiny group of people, and getting any kind of financial support is going to be very difficult. Our charity has grants from local Wildlife Trusts, Parish Council, the Green party and so on, perhaps you could approach similar people?

I thought there were college courses to learn this sort of thing? as for a charity well I would not give money for this, there are many, many worthier causes than training tree surgeons to identify fung etc, assume I will receive some flaming from the Sisters of Sanctimony but thats how I feel.

maybe your post could of been a little more constructive and a little less degrading. i for one, and i dare say many others, think that what tony is doing is very admirable and could prove very benificial to arboriculture and arboriculturists alike. noone is making you like the idea, and if you dont want to support it then thats your right, you are entitled to your opinion after all. but as the saying goes.... 'if you have nothing useful to say then probably best to say nothing at all'.

and as for flaming.... we leave that to the less constructive members, some of us have better things to write.

keep up the good work tony:001_smile:

maybe your post could of been a little more constructive and a little less degrading. i for one, and i dare say many others, think that what tony is doing is very admirable and could prove very benificial to arboriculture and arboriculturists alike. noone is making you like the idea, and if you dont want to support it then thats your right, you are entitled to your opinion after all. but as the saying goes.... 'if you have nothing useful to say then probably best to say nothing at all'.

and as for flaming.... we leave that to the less constructive members, some of us have better things to write.

keep up the good work tony:001_smile:

How are you doing Dave? Still on the mend I hope? :001_smile: