County Court claims

waz77

im looking into removing ' goods to the value of' at the mo, sadly this is more an more common in every trade, ccj's dont seem to worry people, small companys cant get much credit from banks so they dont need to keep a good credit score any longer, it can only get worse

Thats how it works here, and some... Luckily theres a good bunch of lads i know who will come together for abit of debt collecting when theres a pint in it for them. :thumbup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had to go down this route to force bad debtors to pay up?

I did a job for a construction company on 4/11/10. I sent them the invoice for the work on the 19/11/10.They confirmed they had received the invoice and asked for a few details so they could pay me.

However the money never came so i started to chase it up with phone calls and emails to no avail.After many calls and emails being ignored i sent an email saying i was going to pass the debt on to a recovery agency.

I then got an email from the company MD saying they were having problems with bad payers themselves and had suspended work on the site and 1 other due to this.

I replied to this saying we could come to some arrangement to pay in instalments and to keep me posted on the progress.

Do you still have these?

It looks like they pretty much accepted your invoice when they acknowledged receipt and when the MD emailed you. If they've knowingly had it all this time and haven't contested it until now, I'd have thought that would be in your favour.

I do hope it works out for you I can imagine its the most frustratiting thing in the world.

Heard a story the other day of a haulger who was owed monney by national trust, he got so fed up he parked his lorry accros the only entrance to the property on one of the busiest and hottest days off the year and just fell asleep. They paid within an hour.

Another story similar to one earlier was a farmer got the hump with the local council backed muck spreader up and fired away.

good luck

I do hope it works out for you I can imagine its the most frustratiting thing in the world.

Heard a story the other day of a haulger who was owed monney by national trust, he got so fed up he parked his lorry accros the only entrance to the property on one of the busiest and hottest days off the year and just fell asleep. They paid within an hour.

Another story similar to one earlier was a farmer got the hump with the local council backed muck spreader up and fired away.

good luck

there was a programme about that farmer did he not get jail time or a massive fine? i dont think he got off with it.

Do you still have these?

It looks like they pretty much accepted your invoice when they acknowledged receipt and when the MD emailed you. If they've knowingly had it all this time and haven't contested it until now, I'd have thought that would be in your favour.

Yes they have 7days to inform you if they plan to hold back payment if they are not happy with the work. They had confirmed verbally they were happy with everything and like you say the fact that they accepted the invoice without contesting it backs that up. However i cant help but worry that there may be some loophole they can use to get out of paying as im new to all this and im sure their accounts dept have dealt with this many times.Makes me think they must know something i dont to risk taking it to court.Maybe the solicitors will be the only ones to gain from this:confused1:

Yes they have 7days to inform you if they plan to hold back payment if they are not happy with the work. They had confirmed verbally they were happy with everything and like you say the fact that they accepted the invoice without contesting it backs that up. However i cant help but worry that there may be some loophole they can use to get out of paying as im new to all this and im sure their accounts dept have dealt with this many times.Makes me think they must know something i dont to risk taking it to court.Maybe the solicitors will be the only ones to gain from this:confused1:

they are probably hoping you will back down with all the court talk...... have you spoken to citizens advice?? might be worth a visit to confirm your legal status, personally i dont think they have a foot to stand on, they are using scare-mongering tactics, for good measure i would also take possesion of something that belongs to the company, inform the police immediatly that the item is in your custody & you are holding it against a bad debt, most forces will treat this as a civil matter, you do need to inform the police before it is reported stolen, this is a 'grey' area in the eyes of the law but i have done it & would not hessitate to do it again!! hope it works out for you

They have left a bunded diesel tank on site Robbo, but im not sure if its theirs or sub contractors. Is it legal to enter a fenced off site to lay claim to things or would that be classed as breaking and entering?

Cant see it belonging to contractors as work was suspended on site a long time ago

They have left a bunded diesel tank on site Robbo, but im not sure if its theirs or sub contractors. Is it legal to enter a fenced off site to lay claim to things or would that be classed as breaking and entering?

Cant see it belonging to contractors as work was suspended on site a long time ago

the fenced off site would need to be 'open' when you got there :thumbup1: damn kids vandalise anything these days!! :001_rolleyes: