Lanyard problem

Mark Bolam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cool, until the little loop of rope that comes out of the bag and goes to your side D gets caught on something, like it will EVERY 5 MINUTES, and then you've got to stuff your really long lanyard back into the tiny aperture of the bag.

I do the same sort of thing, but my bag is a rock climbing chalk bag that has a draw string on top. I stuff the lanyard in but tie a slipknot that goes in the bag too. The drawstring and the slip knot inside stop the excess being pulled out. If I need more line, just loosen the drawstring and the pulley pulls the slipknot out.

Can re-stuff it really quickly by winding the excess in a figure of 8 pattern round my thumb and pinky.:thumbup:

It's cool, until the little loop of rope that comes out of the bag and goes to your side D gets caught on something, like it will EVERY 5 MINUTES, and then you've got to stuff your really long lanyard back into the tiny aperture of the bag.

I do the same sort of thing, but my bag is a rock climbing chalk bag that has a draw string on top. I stuff the lanyard in but tie a slipknot that goes in the bag too. The drawstring and the slip knot inside stop the excess being pulled out. If I need more line, just loosen the drawstring and the pulley pulls the slipknot out.

Can re-stuff it really quickly by winding the excess in a figure of 8 pattern round my thumb and pinky.:thumbup: I also spliced the other end of my blaze lanyard (after milking it) so I dont need a stopper knot as the friction hitch jams on it. No jamming in crotches:biggrin:

I had 10m of 10mm sirius in a silver bull bag. It's cool, until the little loop of rope that comes out of the bag and goes to your side D gets caught on something, like it will EVERY 5 MINUTES, and then you've got to stuff your really long lanyard back into the tiny aperture of the bag. Haha, I'm getting angry just thinking about it. Gone back to a shorter lanyard, and the joys of the stopper knot geting caught on the bottom of the sawpod.

The bag's just collecting dust at the mo, you're welcome to it if you want to try it out?

small krab beside the bag and a slip knot cliped into it means the rest of your lanyard stays in the bag

I tried the small bag, but the top part with draw string ripped off after a few months.

Now I hangman's coil half of it, hang that from a spare crab hanging on my side D. I then pull half of whats left through my grillon (sp), so I only have two short loops hanging down and a short strop for every day use that I can uncoil and lengthen as required.

I would love a retractable one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!