Urgent Jensen Failure Check yours ASAP

Treegeek

Andy is the drawbar on the 518 similar to the old 528s height adjustable drawbars? the older 528s drawbar and trailer chassis design seem bombproof.

Found this pic on the web - not easy to make out the drawbar, but it joins the chassis under the engine rather than at the front of the engine. Will see if I can find a better pic, not sure why Jensen changed the trailer design on the 530s? maybe to get the chipper chute nearer to the back of a chip truck etc. They also lowered the height of the chute on the 530s which meant it became impossible to fire chips over 8ft high fences and walls - which the 528s are excellent for :biggrin:

Looks similar, single pipe runs back to the chassis. We had it braced up and strengthened. And yes, you can fire the chip well up due to the chute height.....brilliant!:thumbup:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the jensen dealer in the yard today checked ever machine over and took the broke chipper back with him thay said that its the first time thay had this happen on this particular model and the warranty will cover the repair bill.

Just before for the jensen chappie turned up my boss said to me that "there not happy with you for posting it on arbtalk" my boss said that he though that it was a good idea and as i have not mentioned names or been derogetory had no bones about it.:thumbup1:

Stay safe and keep them chippers rolling:001_tt2:

Thanks for the follow up on this one,happy or not if it helps stop an accident on any brand of trailer chassis it can only be a good thing,no one is getting bad press here,these things happen & its good to have a heads up.

Thats my take on it for what it's worth,(as a consumer/user).:001_smile:

Had the jensen dealer in the yard today checked ever machine over and took the broke chipper back with him thay said that its the first time thay had this happen on this particular model and the warranty will cover the repair bill.

Just before for the jensen chappie turned up my boss said to me that "there not happy with you for posting it on arbtalk" my boss said that he though that it was a good idea and as i have not mentioned names or been derogetory had no bones about it.:thumbup1:

Stay safe and keep them chippers rolling:001_tt2:

ha ha power of arbtalk, they quake in thier boots because once an arbtalker knows EVERYONE knows, and thats a good thing in my book:001_cool:

It happens, to everyone in all manafacturing, they came over and dealt with it and suspect they felt they didnt have a lot of choice!:001_rolleyes:

now if we can get joe public using the forum it will have a great eefect on industry standards, a smart consumer drives a better service.

On behalf of Redwood, we have no issue with faults like this being hi-lighted and discussed on Arbtalk, the prompt posting by Treegeek gave us a heads up before the fault was reported and allowed us to be proactive by informing the manufacturer straight away and contacting the customer to arrange the on site inspections that morning. This thread did get side tracked by the dirt issue which detracted from the importance of the chassis failure, as has already been said no manufacturer is immune to failures like this, I feel a measure of the manufacturer is how they manage and react to the faults, I will be happy to take a look at any Jensen chipper in my area, (Northern England and Scotland) for signs of similar failures, just contact me on 07880 646067, pm me or email me at [email protected].

Cheers

Thanks Bald Ed, its good to see the forum being used in such a positive way. We learned the tough way with our chipper, since it failed I have checked it over every time it goes out. I also clean it more often so its easier to see any developing issues. When its cold and miserable out there, its so easy to drag the machine out, do a days work, and shove it back in the shed without so much as a glance. I hope that this thread has helped in 2 ways. Firstly that we all take more notice of our equipment, not just checking the water, oil and blades, and secondly, that the manufacturers of all machines pay heed to us the buying public and address the issues where necessary.

I certainly dont molly-coddle my machines, but I do now pay a bit more attention to them, after all they earn us our money.