The best pto log saws

rowan lee

Basically want to eliminate the two man aspect of the oldskool saw horse and chainsaw operation, and am thinking a pto log saw like the 'Balfor 700c'

SC 600/700 | Balfor

or the 'Major' version Saw Bench | Saw Bench | MAJOR.

Apparently the Major will double cut, but haven't been able to establish whether or not the Balfor or any other subsequent model will do this.

Can anyone recommend any other brand that i might be able to get my hands on. :thumbup1:

(have looked at the Saw/cone splitter combi's btw, but not keen on paying an extra grand for the little splitter).

Basically want to eliminate the two man aspect of the oldskool saw horse and chainsaw operation, and am thinking a pto log saw like the 'Balfor 700c'

SC 600/700 | Balfor

or the 'Major' version Saw Bench | Saw Bench | MAJOR.

Apparently the Major will double cut, but haven't been able to establish whether or not the Balfor or any other subsequent model will do this.

Can anyone recommend any other brand that i might be able to get my hands on. :thumbup1:

(have looked at the Saw/cone splitter combi's btw, but not keen on paying an extra grand for the little splitter).

What do you mean by 'double cut'? :blushing:

What do you mean by 'double cut'? :blushing:

My mistake, what i mean is a double sided cut or a cut from both sides of an over-sized log, i.e. if the max straight through cutting diameter is 10'', then a double sided cut will handle just twice that.

I've noticed that some of these new log saws have different styles of fixed and unfixed blade guards, soem of which allow for a double sided cut and some of which don't.

My mistake, what i mean is a double sided cut or a cut from both sides of an over-sized log, i.e. if the max straight through cutting diameter is 10'', then a double sided cut will handle just twice that.

I've noticed that some of these new log saws have different styles of fixed and unfixed blade guards, soem of which allow for a double sided cut and some of which don't.

Got you now! :thumbup1:

I'm on the market for one also, I notice some (including Balfor) offer a conveyor option, handy for filling straight into bag or trailer, but this adds a fair bit to the cost..

Riko UK ::  Commercial

Riko sell an independent hydraulic conveyor, from memory it was around £1800 and it looked really well made as did their saw benches.

Might be worth while contacting them with your requirements they were really helpful with me and gave lots of options at different prices.

http://www.alpinetractors.com/products/firewood/domestic/SCD600CSCD700C.pdf