Terms & Conditions for a gang of cutters

I charge £150 a day round here, shortage of good quality experienced cutters if you ask me.

Rob.

Much work over in Beds forestry wise? I don't really know anyone over that way. Saw Luton Hoo was having some thinnings done but i know the guy doing that.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much work over in Beds forestry wise? I don't really know anyone over that way. Saw Luton Hoo was having some thinnings done but i know the guy doing that.

There is plenty of work if you can get it, as has been said lots of woodland has been neglected, i am lucky as i have a lot of contacts now, and i work hand in hand with keepers and owners.

Lots of my work involves management for shoots, several large estates use my services now, but i couldnt rely on it alone.

Am hoping to have a deal in the next few weeks that will involve HUGE amounts of timber, if i get that it will be two years work sorted for me.

Rob.

I would get in the harvester/forwarder for the bulk of the work still, then have just yourself and maybe one other cutter doing the job properly. Given the fact that you are going to work together, you can keep an eye on one other, with min of 2 tree lengths between you, and if you have a harvester for the bulk he'll need around about 100m risk zone. The last job we did was approx 1000ton, 2 cutters and harvester set up and it worked out just right for the size of the plot. The harvester will earn you far more money than the cost of say 4 cutters.

• 2 weeks later...

It probly doesnt help much but in a hardwood site im felling firewood for a mate im geting 11 pound a ton providing my saw and paying for fuel.

At the momment im cutting about 7 ton a day but have had various issues slowing me down could probly do 9.

this is burning and stacking on my own.