made a promo video any thoughts?

testcricket01

Hi James

Firstly, I have a lot of respect for what you've already achieved at such a young age....and I have no doubt that its only going to get better so long as your interest in treework doesn't begin to flag in a couple of years, I sincerely hope not.

Its a good youtube/tree-forum type video that would coax a smile out of most of your fellow arbos....but as a client promo vid, no I think its way off the mark, no offence. If I were a client I just wouldn't have a clue what I was looking at or why I should hire you. Even the stills with headings of the thinning work etc are not comparative to anything, just after shots....meaningless if I knew nothing about treework.

Check out some of Tod Kramers vids....and this guys is the real deal when it comes to hands-on treework also. Hope it helps: YouTube - KramerTree's Channel

cheers for that reg means alot comeing from you, hopefully wont begin to flag i still love trees, got my first job i quoted in a crane for so ive been picking up tips from your vids, so video of that will be up end of april time :thumbup1:

as for the video, i see where your comeing from watching some of that guys videos there alot more customer friendly. ill have to get back to the drawing board and see what i can make up.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need any assistance, let me know:thumbup1:

only thing im not 100% sure about is positioning of the crane hook in relation to the limb your cutting off, do you want it exactly ontop of it or do you have it slightly off so as the limb is cut off it moves slightly away from you. obviously you dont want dramatic movement.

other than that it seems pretty straight forward tieing up to balance it and the big thing not cutting to big a bit off.

My answers are in bold James

only thing im not 100% sure 100% assurance in tree work, now that would be something about is positioning of the crane hook in relation to the limb your cutting off, do you want it exactly ontop of it or do you have it slightly off so as the limb is cut off it moves slightly away from you. obviously you dont want dramatic movement. Dont try to offset anything. If you're at full boom it might deflect away a little anyhow....but it'll only happen slowly if your pre-loading is appropriate

other than that it seems pretty straight forward Depends on what your standards are James. There are lots of climbers out there who 'get away with it' at best, because they know no better....but then you could probably say that for treework in general. I'll leave my offer open depending on whether or not you get the job. It wont be cheap, but you'll learn far more on the subject than what you would on any training course. Great if you're still happy to go ahead on your own, but be sure to do as much homework as you can in the meantime.

i have got the job, its provisionally booked in for 26th april. so are you offering to show me in person or have i taken this the wrong way, cause that would be a oppotunity to good to miss if so.

You're not a million miles away in Kings Lyn, so if you can cover my expenses, no problem.

The way it works, I'll come up the tree with you, you go ahead with what you were gonna do anyway, I'll give you advice/information where I feel its appropriate. I have all the slings you're ever likely to need, so no need to go out and spend beforehand.

26th April is a way off yet, so no great urgency to decide. Call me in the day time this week 07990621057, leave a message if I dont answer.

You're not a million miles away in Kings Lyn, so if you can cover my expenses, no problem.

The way it works, I'll come up the tree with you, you go ahead with what you were gonna do anyway, I'll give you advice/information where I feel its appropriate. I have all the slings you're ever likely to need, so no need to go out and spend beforehand.

26th April is a way off yet, so no great urgency to decide. Call me in the day time this week 07990621057, leave a message if I dont answer.

if i can afford it its definetly the way to learn, ill give you a call in the week :thumbup1:

if i can afford it its definetly the way to learn, ill give you a call in the week :thumbup1:

worth taking a loss for imo ,not many people would get that oppertunity ! doing a good job on this could mean many more on your own :thumbup1:and if you do you should definatly get a vid of that ! thats something to put in your video for yell :thumbup1: im jelous good on ya mate :001_smile:best of luck with it all